Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2959 times)

annllien

• Joined Jul 2008
Hello
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:13:50 pm »
Hi everyone,

Management and I run a smallholding in the Cambrian Mountains in mid-Wales. We are at 1,000 feet so its idyllic in the summer and a b*****d in the winter... We keep horses, chickens, dogs, cats. I work away during the week and management runs the farm and is a tree surgeon. Been here for ten years and watched the changes happening around us and made a few ourselves (no sheep any more..., no livery horses any more...., reducing the number of B&B etc).

Annllien

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:48:50 pm »
I can say with hand on heart a very 'warm' welcome for Normandy.

What dogs and cats etc do you have?

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

annllien

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 01:47:13 pm »
Thank you Kate,

We have an elderly hunting bitch (a labXcollie) who spends most of her time now under the kitchen table; a border collie whose job is now to accompany the horses (no sheep...) and a jack russell (he's a rescue dog) in charge of ratting.
Three feral cats (who consider they should be house cats) (Ginge, Tabsy and Negative)
A Welsh Section D pure bred who was an entire until the age of 10 (he was a breeding stallion and his prize-winning progeny come up for sale now and again), so although he was cut he still looks, thinks and behaves like a stallion and a former grade A pacing champion who was unbacked when I got him (he came free with the farm because his reputation was that he was unrideable) and now acts as a schoolmaster for young riders. He jumps and does dressage (both pacing and diagonal strides).
About 30 - 40 chickens who are a mix of Marans / Cuckoo Marans, RIR, Light Sussex, Black Rocks, Warrens, Bluebelles, Dorkings and Black Orpingtons.

And you?

Annllien

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 02:10:16 pm »
hiya from me

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 07:40:33 pm »
Hi and welcome from me - it must be a wrench to head off on Monday morning!

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 03:26:17 pm »
Hi and welcome from me too- sorry it took me so long

Carole

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS