Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Could I see pictures of your hen houses please?!  (Read 11005 times)

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Could I see pictures of your hen houses please?!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 07:22:28 pm »
yea i know im on the ark!! lol I just fixed it. i never new it was like that!!
Craig

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 11:11:18 pm »
Looks a long way away but only about an hour.  Lots of TASers over this way, Craig.  And you could join Central Scotland Smallholders!  We'll have a stand at Kinross show on 14th August if you fancy a day out and to meet some of us. www.smallholders.info - old website still up but new one is imminent with loads of good stuff on it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 01:07:43 pm »
Yeah Im not far away at all. I should have had a stand at Kinross as well, plenty customers round that kneck of the woods. I found a few at the scottish game fare at Scone palace a couple of weeks back. I will have a look at your site, Just need the small holding to go with it lol.

Craig
Craig

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 02:12:14 pm »
Smallholding is in the mind not on the ground!  If you grow things, maybe have a few chickens then you can class yourself as a smallholder - it's what you aspire to.  I only have hens, ducks, veg and fruit, and at my age I doubt if I'll ever have enough land again to do any more - perhaps bees.  But I feel like a smallholder.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 05:46:31 pm »
We should maybe have a TAS meet at Kinross then- I will be there too. I will be a year older as well  >:(

Beth

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 07:55:45 pm »
Yeah Annie, your rite, I just want to expand it that little bit more. Theres nothing more enjoyable relaxing and calming than animals. When things just don't seem to be going well, The chooks are an instant pick up. Back to the work and it all fits into place, Although feather has always been my passion, I have a little experience with sheep, I may turn up at Kinross Annie with a load of flyer's lol

Craig
Craig

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 11:35:02 pm »
Not a bad idea, Beth - I'm on duty 1pm to 3pm I believe, and this time I'm taking a flask with me - so if anyone wants to join me on the stand for a coffee, feel free. I believe the ground is flat unlike Doune & Dunblane where we were on a slope of about 60 degrees, so we should be able to anchor things down a bit easier!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 11:51:49 pm »
Yes, its completly flat at Kinross- should be much better. It's also a very sheltered site, as it has either stone walls or trees all round, so it isn't windy either. We will be judging in the morning, so after 12pm is better for us for a meet.

If anyone wants to come and see the goats- they are hard to find at Kinross as we are tucked away down under the trees. Head for the dog judging ring, and then head on down past it, into the trees.

Beth

hennypenny

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Cornwall
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 05:24:06 am »
Feel freeto look at our website......I think John is there somewhere with one of the houses.....
Ive made him make me 5 (of increasingly better design) and he now gives me 'that'look when i mention increasing our stock. :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS