Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The history of crofting legislation. (from the point of view of crofters)  (Read 2293 times)

pawnicholl

• Joined Aug 2016
Hi all,

I am a writer researching crofts, (hopefully, one day I'll also be a croft owner).

I'm trying to get a handle on the history of the legislation and its effects but from the point of view of crofters.  Particularly, I'm interested in, what crofters initial perceptions of the land legislation was when the Crofting Commission first started up, or, even better- pre-Commission when the government started to poke at the legislation, (and any help on exactly when that was).   Were crofters suspicious? What problems did it cause them? From their point of view, who did they think it was there to help, (large landowners? would-be investors,? banks? government? or crofters? Was it confusing? What was (or what do they they think was) the short medium and long term outcomes? Do they think there was another agenda?

Any help on the above, greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
Paul

Creagan

• Joined Jun 2013
Dr James Hunter has done probably more than anyone else in this area- look up his various publications, should be a reasonable starting point.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS