Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: broody hen  (Read 3494 times)

terryh

• Joined Apr 2010
  • rugeley uk
broody hen
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:04:00 pm »
i have a broody hen :o lol so i went to our local auction at penkridge market and bought 12 new Hampshire red eggs she has been sitting these since Wednesday im happy about that but to day i looked in the coop at 10 am a hen with a red ring was i thought laying her egg ? so i left her to it 2 hrs later i noticed she was still in the box  sitting tight and still there tonight
i don't have the room to separate her so i may just give her a couple of the eggs from the first hen 

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: broody hen
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:34:26 am »
good idea. Don't  however do what I did and put her to sit on duck eggs. I am now the proud owner of a duckling who thinks it's a hen!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:24:19 am »
I have one of those too ;D  And also a chicken that is scared of the Cockerel so she lives with the ducks. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:49 pm »
And don't, let a hen "look after" baby kittens  ;D

i have a 9month old cat who insists on sleeping (as best he can, next to one particular hen  on the perches, and struts around flirting with the other hens  ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS