Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Easy Care Sheep for sale in Scotland ? or Swap for Shetlands  (Read 4233 times)

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
I am thinking about buying some easy care ewes and a easy care tup , due to having back surgery I am finding handling Texels, big crosses and Beltex difficult and too much work, I need some sheep that are less work.. I have pedigree Shetland and Shetland crosses also, had the contract shearers in last night and its a lot of work and a lot of people involved helping due to 3 men shearing... so is there anybody in Scotland preferably central belt, tayside fife or Glasgow area.. that may have easy care sheep for sale or possible swap for Quality White Shetland Ewe Hogg Shearlings and White Tup Shearlings.

Richard

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
Re: Easy Care Sheep for sale in Scotland ? or Swap for Shetlands
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 09:17:08 am »

www.maternalsheepgroup.co.uk will point you to someone who may sell you some animals

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 01:59:43 pm »
thank you, I will have a look ..cheers

Louise P

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 02:01:30 pm »
I have a nice easycare tup lamb you could buy but I'm in Lancashire so probably too far for you. Although you could always pick him up if/when you were heading this way :-)
Have you tried the easycare website for breeders in your area? You could always just ring them and see if they have any available. It's always worth a phone call

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 11:51:17 am »
Hi, yes its probably a bit far to go for a sheep , but interesting :-) I am talking to a chap from Glasgow, about the possibility, but all the same it would be good to have a unrelated tup..cheers..p.s where abouting Lancashire are you ?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:52:56 am by Kinburn 1919 »

Louise P

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 04:11:51 pm »
Ha
I went to London for some Exlana ewe lambs last year. Once you're on the motorway, it's no bother. I  just treated it as a day out and don't regret it one bit.
We're about 15mins south of Preston. 5 mins off Jn 8 of M61.
Best of luck with whatever you decide. I'm certain that you won't regret the easycare one bit, they are such good, easy sheep :-)
I'll try and attach a photo of my tup lamb to whet your appetite lol

Louise P

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 04:15:37 pm »
He's 3 1/2 months old, purebred easycare

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 06:56:52 pm »

If you want a recorded shedding tup then we have a sale on 9/8/16 ---just south of Bristol . May seem like a long way but we have at least 3 buyers from Scotland attending (fly to Bristol) and we send a truck load up later
70 tups offered on the day , recorded with full data sheets including worm resistance EBVs etc

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 09:06:11 pm »
hi... I looked at your website, but cant open the stocklist page, tried with 2 different browsers..cheers

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 09:08:44 pm »
he is a nice looking sheep

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 10:26:31 pm »
hi... I looked at your website, but cant open the stocklist page, tried with 2 different browsers..cheers

if you pm me your email I will send a price list for females and a catalogue for the ram sale---if you are interested?

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 11:46:03 am »
sent you a PM

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 06:33:39 am »

if you pm me your email I will send a price list for females and a catalogue for the ram sale---if you are interested?

pm sent... thanks

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS