Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Howdy from High Wycombe  (Read 6928 times)

Teresa

Re: Howdy from High Wycombe
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »
I don't sell my wool at the moment as i have only the 4 alpacas and im going to show two of their fleeces. Toft alpacas sell their fleeces ready prepared for spinning and i do know a couple of others that sell raw uncleaned or sorted fleece if you would like their details.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 04:15:56 pm »
Hello Teresa - you are in my old stomping ground! I used to live in Amersham (worked in a large hospital near heathrow at the time) now we live in worcestershire  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Teresa

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 04:23:29 pm »
 :) Hi :) What are you now doing in Worcestershire? Wycombe and amersham haven't changed much apart from the new shopping centre!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »
hubby had a new job - national farmers union (health and safety side) and its based in Stratford upon avon. he planned (!) it all for when our 2nd born was due to arrive so we moved 93 miles with a 1 week old and hyper 18 month old!! so we now have a smallholding with chickens (sell eggs farm gate) goats (make 'stuff' out of goats milk, soap, cheese etc) and 70 plum trees that make wonderful wine LOL. also into veggies this year, big time.  such a change from nursing but loving the fresh air. we did think of alpaca's so will watch your posts with interest  :) 
I do miss amersham/wycombe etc - did most of my growing up there. went to school in chorleywood. whats the new shopping centre like then? I didn't know there was one! My dad and his partner spend a lot of time in Marlow (he used to work in bourne end)
aw, lots of happy memories coming back now  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Teresa

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 06:31:33 am »
Im born and raised in High Wycombe and work in Holmer Green as a dog groomer, so when we move I'll carry on my trade. The plum wine sounds very tasty  :P Wycombes nobw got the Eden centre. Bus stations moved, new library, big inside shopping centre where the bus station was and part of the old car park. Sadly the other end of wycombe where woolies used to be is gradually dying, lots of shops are closing. Massive new sainsburys lol another reason why we want to move away as its getting so busy

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 07:38:45 am »
Hi Teresa,  thank you for your reply.  The friend for whom I was asking knows of Toft, would like the details of the others if pos.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 07:51:46 am »
sad to hear the bus station has moved - I went into labour in those toilets 8 years ago LOL!!
also sad about the woolies end dying off  :(

Teresa

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »
Hi Teresa,  thank you for your reply.  The friend for whom I was asking knows of Toft, would like the details of the others if pos.
Off the top of my head i know when i asked about fleeces last year that Livanti Alpacas in Aston Abbotts owned by Liz Barlow was looking for people to sell wool to. I'll check and post later who else has fleece to offer. Its just about shearing time now so alot will be looking for outlets if they arn't using it themselves.

Teresa

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 05:10:44 pm »
sad to hear the bus station has moved - I went into labour in those toilets 8 years ago LOL!!
also sad about the woolies end dying off  :(
:o at least you werent too far from the hospital lol thats still there!

Teresa

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 05:23:57 pm »
Just thinking on the alpaca fleeces its probably best for your friend to contact breeders in her area and see what the have to offer, then she can have a look at the colours, quality and quantity they have. Go to the British Alpaca Society website bas-uk.co.uk, click on search for a BAS member which will take you to the find a member page, click where it asks you to and it will bring up the member search page where you can search by region or give a specific area and it will list breeders and owners of registered alpacas :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 08:02:45 am »
LOL that was the problem though Teresa, I didnt' want to go to HW hospital - I wanted to get to hillingdon where I worked!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 08:58:03 am »
Hi thanks will pass on the info to her.  She will be very grateful. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS