Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: It's over.  (Read 2746 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
It's over.
« on: April 23, 2016, 11:30:53 pm »
All teh looking forward to it and now it's over for me at least. What is? Why Wonderwool, of course. I had a fantastic time and so did my friend who had never been before. We have decided that we must go for the whole weekend next year and do B&B because we didn't get to see much more than half the stalls.

The weather was beautiful so we were able to enjoy the picturesque views as my satnav took us the scenic route. I only saw Dogwalker there from TAS which is a shame as I met up with several members last year.

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
Re: It's over.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:14:51 am »
One day I'll make it over. Have done Woolfest and Bristol Wool Fair but baby means I'm out of action this year. Glad you had a good time, hope you didn't spend too much!

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 06:48:40 am »
I am awake and excited about going today! So much woolly goodness all in one place! :knit: :spin: :excited:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 02:59:34 pm »
Lesley, I looked for you but obviously didn't see you. I did meet Dogwalker but that was early in the day.

Despite my best intentions of not buying anything I spent loads :-) and yes, the weather was lovely
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »
That's a shame, Sally. We turned up at Dogwalker's stall at 1pm but she wasn't there so we went outside to eat our lunch. Caught up with her later though.

I will see you later in the year, hopefully, as we have booked Linda's cottage again for a week in September. I'd love to visit your spinning group again.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 07:34:26 am »
We had a brilliant day yesterday, spent way too much but there wa just such a lot to see and do. Sadly didn't get to meet Dogwalker, not sure where the day went! Now to get :spin: and :knit: :excited:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 10:42:43 am »
That's a shame, Sally. We turned up at Dogwalker's stall at 1pm but she wasn't there so we went outside to eat our lunch. Caught up with her later though.

I will see you later in the year, hopefully, as we have booked Linda's cottage again for a week in September. I'd love to visit your spinning group again.

Just let me know when and I will see you there
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 11:41:32 am »
Sorry I missed people but good to meet Bionic and MGof M.
Having suggested 1pm for lunch I was starving by 12.30 and cold standing around so went out to sit outside and eat a sandwich leaving instructions to tell anyone looking for me where I was.  Spent the next couple of hours looking out for people and finally bumped into MGofM by chance.
I seem to have mistimed by browse around breaks.
Anyway I'm glad you all had a good time.  I'm exhausted and brain dead this morning, done the essentials and taking some time out.  As a first selling show I was very please with how it went and all the contacts I made.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 10:16:23 pm »
Glad it went well for you, DW. My friend and I have decided that we need the whole weekend next year as we didn't see everything by a long chalk. We're going to book B&B somewhere. There seem to be a lot of places available.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS