Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is Paddy mellowing?  (Read 1864 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Is Paddy mellowing?
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:13:34 am »
He has been going out in the afternoons for a couple of hours - no longer because he is pigging out on the new grass, and comes in with an enormous belly.  Quite funny to watch him running with the two kids, and jumping off his feet like he does, on his way to the field.  He usually comes back himself, but has to walk through the field where Cain and Abel the goats, and Tyson the pony, pet sheep and llama are.

Usually he will do a detour to cause havoc with the goats (by mounting them!)  headbutts the sheep and llama, and tries to do the same with the pony.  Today, he left the goats alone, had a do with the llama who spat at him, so he backed off, and then to top it all when he went to butt the pony, the pony turned his back and threatened to kick.

And Paddy just left everyone alone, after that.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Is Paddy mellowing?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:23 pm »
 :D
Little Blue

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:58 pm »
Maybe all the rest of the animals just decided if they stood up for themselves together, he would stop his antics!

;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:23:49 am »
I hope Paddy will be nice to the others in the field, it would make life so much easier.  Not sure anyone wants to stand up to Paddy really.  He has those big horns, and when his coat stands up, he looks big.  Although having been on the receiving end of Robbie the llama's spitting, I can vouch that is is not nice, particularly if he has been eating  alfalfa or hay ......the bits are lethal if they hit you in the face.  So  I can well understand why Paddy moved away from the llama!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS