Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I'm off to River Cottage!  (Read 2266 times)

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
I'm off to River Cottage!
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »
My darling hubby gave me a choice for my birthday present this year - would I llike to go to a health/beauty spa for the day and be rigorously pampered, or would I like to go on the Chicken Keeping course at River Cottage?

Well there was no need to dwell on this one! Of course I opted for the Chicken keeping course which is on 9th May - I'm so excited, but if I'm really honest, it's the lunch I'm looking forward to the most!  :P

The course covers all aspects of chicken keeping, and as we've had chooks since december, I thought it was time I checked I was doing things right! It includes a 'despatch and dressing' lesson at the end - 'please bring a cool bag to take your bird home in'! This will be completely new to me but I'm looking forward to learning how it's done.

Anybody else going? I can't wait - although I shall be sorry to miss Phillip, the SingingShearer who will be shearing our Badger Face Welsh Mountain that day!

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: I'm off to River Cottage!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »
How jealous I am, I am a regular on their forum,such nice peole will be there.

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:34:32 pm »
I've only recently joined the forum - looking forward to meeting everyone!

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:01:57 pm »
to be honest i do hope you have a nice time, but i wont lie to
you i am jealous :(
hugh is my hero i would love to go on a day course on livestock care.
funny enough my birthdayis on the 24th of may!
i think we are going to see monkey world which is close by, so we may pop in for lunch
langdon  ;D
Langdon ;)

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:34 pm »
you will have a great day, i have not been on that course but I have taken the kids to River cottage on some of their summer 'open' days. And yes the lunches are lovely!
juliag

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 05:37:19 pm »
if only i were closer, i would LOVE to go to river cottage...my idea of heaven!  enjoy

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 08:06:34 pm »
I have a two and a half hour drive to get there! B&B would be nice but the course was quite pricey so I'll have to get up early!

I will of course feed back on how lunch was...oh and the course content...but I'm sure you'll want to know about lunch first! :P

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS