Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: gardeners delight indeed!!!!!!!  (Read 2601 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
gardeners delight indeed!!!!!!!
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:41:58 pm »
yep my delight indeed when i came home from work today and popped into the potting
shed to see my toms coming through( if your guessing what variety its gardeners delight!)
also me sunflowers have been potted on, still waiting on those sweetcorn to come through :(
our broad beans are doing well outside, our early spuds are coming through the soil nicely.
peas are starting to find their supports.
just need alot of rain now!
grass is growing back where we have taken the chucks off so ya rain please ;D
hope all is well for ye guys.
langdon :farmer: :goat: :chook: :pig: :horse:
Langdon ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: gardeners delight indeed!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:55:56 am »
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh Langdon Mornin You are definately becoming agriculturalized.Weather is niver raight for a farmer It's alust wish itud bloody raaun or bloody weather am sick on it ivery thing is sodden and wet through or its dry and bont off.We cud do wi sum raaun ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:08:09 pm »
Hi George , you can have some of my rain, only just got planted out a few days ago.Hope I get something to grow this year! :wave:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 08:44:42 am »
Hey hermit lass nice to see you Ive been off a couple of days more or less not swearing s**t order brought on by my friendly Diagnostics Investigations Nurse Ian He had a grope around in my wrist again looking for an artery to get some loaded blood.Once to see where I was to start Second to see where I was after being on the hospitals oxygen system and the third time to see where I was when I had had a eight minute walk around the third floor he had to take me back after three minutes.When he had been and analysed the sample he was most worried and called a consultant chap in .He said don't worry Mr Baker but we want you to have a home unit and I want you to use it sixteen hours every day.I said to him that will be a bit awkward I am not usually about that long.He laughed and said You can wear it in bed to go to sleep with so that will give you a 8hr so you only need another 4 hours try to get 2 X 2 so long as you get sixteen hours on the machine.What about my Freedom 400 ? No it doesn't count you use it as you do now,this is additional to that.So my wrist swelled up and was most painfull to much so to play with the keyboard.I am all right now though and the home oxygen machine is great.I feel much livelier I went to see my GP yesterday and he cheered me up no end he did a Stanley Holloway on me.and gave me another 30 m/ls of Nystatin for the attack of Thrush in my mouth its nearly gone he thinks this will clear it off.So thats good news.So I shall be able to go and see Jackie its only 4/5 miles from Brockelsby so when I am feeling ace I will go and see Carl and go down the muck hill and get some warm cow muck to put in my cold frame for the Butternut squash and the Green bush marrow.then put a bit in the bottom of each box under the tomato's I have been a bit to quick with the weather being so good this year The Red and the White Duke of York earlies are a good six inch's out the top of the boxes.I shall have to talk David into getting me some more molehills I have run out.Did I tell you I bought 2 apple trees about 6ft tall? They were £19:99p in Pennells £7:99p in Tesco and The Big Orange Shed and £4:99p in Lidl so I had a Bramley and a Discovery to try and fan train along the wash house wall under the supervision of the Head Gardener I dare bet Karen that all 4 lots came from the same nursery the roots were packed in the same khaki coloured compost mix in the same cling film with the same 6 ft bag and picture but with a different shop logo and price.Kath's hand is about better she can move her fingers again now so all looks well here in Scartho  ;D ;D :wave: :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:32:57 am »
This oxygen sounds good, can I have some. I think you are right about the trees, there is a place that sells supposedly Shetland grown trees up here but at a price! I asked a nursery in Kent if they supplied up to Shetland and they said "yes we supply the garden centre there!" I bought a couple of hudred trees /shrubs saplings for about 20p to 60p each which would have cost 2.00 upwards up here.£20.00 postage to my door and bobs your uncle. The shop keepers up here must think we folk in the sticks dont have the internet! :D
Nothing much happening on the veg front up here yet. My tomatoes look good and thats about it.Just going to take some to the care centre for their greenhouse.
Look after yourself and do as the doc says. Love to Kath, glad her hand is getting better,Karen :-* :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS