Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BHWT Rehoming Day! Perth and Fife, 7th May  (Read 1894 times)

CarolineR

• Joined Jan 2012
BHWT Rehoming Day! Perth and Fife, 7th May
« on: March 31, 2016, 10:57:18 am »
Hi Folks,
Please see below a press release passed on to me by the lovely Mary Moore at the new Perth rehoming point. These are ex-commercial hens which are up for rehoming.
(Here comes the veterinary bit!) Please note that, as such, these will be vaccinated chickens. If you have an unvaccinated flock already (e.g. small batch rare breeds or pedigrees) then please take veterinary advice before considering introducing vaccinated chickens to your flock as this may or may not be suitable. If you have a flock of backyard hybrid layers from a reputable source, then your current chickens may be vaccinated already before you bought them.
When introducing any type of chicken from any source into a flock, using quarantine before introduction is always recommended - any type of chicken from any type of background (whether pedigree, auction-bought birds, hybrid pet layer, commercial hybrid pullet or ex-commercial layer) can bring something into your flock, and well-informed owners should always be aware of the precautions needed.
There, I just can't help myself! That being said, I plan to get some of these lovely ladies for myself. Hope to see some of you there, please pass on the word to any friends who may be interested.
Best wishes,
Caroline

Can you help?

Saturday 7th May
British Hen Welfare Trust hen re-homing day
We have hens available at ST ANDREWS & our new collection point at PERTH
Do you have room in your coop for a few hard working girls?
We hope to save 600 hens. The girls are still laying and looking forward to joining your family. We would like to ensure that every hen has a home to go to – can you help? These are ex colony caged hens around 18 months old. If you can spread the word please we will be able to save these lovely hens. We do require a donation on the day please.
We are also looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our teams at both venues – if you feel you would like to get involved and enjoy the ultimate feel-good factor please contact us for more details.

To reserve hens please telephone Hen Central on 01884 860084 or email Gaynor.davies@bhwt.co.uk
Thank You!
Gaynor Davies RVN     
Head of Operations
British Hen Welfare Trust, Hope Chapel, Rose Ash, South Molton, Devon EX36 4RF
Hen Central tel 01884 860084                   Website www.bhwt.org.uk

Proud to be Charity of the Year 2015/16
The British Hen Welfare Trust is a national charity that re-homes commercial laying hens, educates the public about how they can make a difference to hen welfare, and encourages support for the British egg industry. Its ultimate aim is to see consumers and food manufacturers buying only UK produced free range eggs, resulting in a strong British egg industry where all commercial laying hens enjoy a good quality life.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:13:14 pm by CarolineR »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS