Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What was that?  (Read 1779 times)

Offgridgreg

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Saddleworth
What was that?
« on: February 07, 2016, 03:45:51 pm »
Hi all..
Wondered if any one could tell me about my find, I did soft boiled eggs this morning and when I broke the
Yolk on toast there was a peanut size ball thing in the yolk :yuck: red coloured which I just had to squeeze the red skin came off which left a white  hollow rubbery ball.. Any ideas please?

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: What was that?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:18:55 pm »
It was probably a lash, they often happen separately too as beige rubbery bits. Let's see if I can attach a picture of how they form...

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:21:38 pm by Eve »

Offgridgreg

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Saddleworth
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:30:27 pm »
Good skills eve,it was out of curiosity more than anything not come across one before
And don't want to again!!!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 04:34:13 pm »
what is a lash egg exactly?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Offgridgreg

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Saddleworth
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 04:36:53 pm »
Something you'd rather not find in egg on toast :roflanim:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 04:48:48 pm »
Is it a worm or a dead chick?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 05:48:04 pm »
I always thought it was just bits from inside but only when I found this picture I understood it's solidified pus. I first saw it from an ex-battery hen, then one of my normal ones did it - they just pooh it out, and then the others all race to eat it!  :yuck:

Offgridgreg

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Saddleworth
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 05:55:41 pm »
This was inside a normal looking egg it's was soft boiledit was only when I chopped it on toast
I saw it!!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

I was brought up in Norfolk and there a 'lash egg' was one without a shell, just its rubbery covering.

Fortunately I've never seen a pus ball in an egg.  That is quite horrible - but then when you think of eating something which came out of an bird's cloaca, you might expect something vile  :innocent:  I'm a bit funny about eggs anyway - some days I couldn't eat one even if there was nothing else, other days I love them.  :chook: :chook:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 02:27:24 pm »
I have never had that in any of my hens ever. Doesn't it make you shudder when you think of it though. I remember after my first hatching disaster i couldn't eat and egg or even look at one for weeks afterwards :yuck: But now I love eating them, this however may have put me off them for a bit though :innocent: What is it caused by? Is it due to lack of something in the diet?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS