Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help! Home wanted for 2 pigs together, urgent  (Read 2427 times)

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
Help! Home wanted for 2 pigs together, urgent
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:00:45 am »
Dorset
Middlemarsh
Sherborne area.

Hi all,
No easy way to do this as it's fairly urgent, so here goes.
I have returned home from 10 days in Hospital after being diagnosed with non operable terminal cancer and have to have oxygen 24/7. I am immobile and unable to continue with my 2 pigs and my wife who is older than me cannot cope.

Call me sentimental but what I would like to find fairly quickly is a good home for the 2 pigs togther that can offer the 5 freedoms for the productive rest of their lives.
They are sisters and the best of friends, crossbred, Tamworth x Saddleback, generally good confirmations, have lovely natures, friendly and enjoy a scratch and fuss. They were born early 2014. They farrowed for the first time in  October 2015. One (Daisy) produced 9 healthy piglets without any assistance and suckled without problems. The other (Poppy) produced 12 healthy piglets without assistance and suckled without problems. No piglets were lost through crushing or other problems. The weaners have now all gone leaving just the two girls who could be put to the boar again for summer weaners.

As I'm unable to do anything personally, could anyone able to help please contact my son-in-law, Stuart, on 01258 860784 who will handle arrangements for me.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Help! Home wanted for 2 pigs together, urgent
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 10:30:20 am »
So very sorry to hear this news, Cosmore.  I don't suppose there's much of a practical nature I can do from up here, but my thoughts are with you and your family.

If it helps to talk, we're all here for you. 

Sending love and hugs.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:43:27 am »
Cosmore, what devastating news for you and your family.

I hope someone turns up that can take your pigs very soon and in the meantime as SITN says we are here if you need to talk.  :hug:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:07:47 pm »
Cosmore, I am asking around down here and, if any luck I can come up with a trailer, It's not so far.
I am sending love and prayers to you and your wifeXX

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 08:39:14 pm »
Very sorry to hear this. I too am too far away to be much use, but am thinking of you x

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »
So sorry to read this, words are totally inadequate but just to say that you have been on my mind since I read your initial post, I do hope this is sorted soon for you x

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 11:07:03 pm »
So sorry to hear this Cosmore, wish we were nearer, glad your son in law is there to help.
Is this what started a month ago when they said kidney infection?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS