Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shipping containers and planning permission  (Read 7998 times)

Scorzeze

• Joined Apr 2015
Re: Shipping containers and planning permission
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 09:06:12 am »
I've had two 12ft x 12ft stables on my land for 2 years without moving them and the Council havent said anything?

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 09:38:13 am »
bazzais

Think its a great idea myself hope you have continued success. Licensed camp site must work in favor ?
After couple of planning decisions i have read anyone contemplating putting one up should take it down for several months a year to be on safe side and always keep photo/video proof.

Council around here have a pop at anything and enforcement officer does not tell the facts if it spoils his case.
The thing about planning contraventions is the Council can accuse you of something and the onus is on the appellant to prove its wrong or did not happen.
How many people keep evidence of something that  is  a everyday occurrence

Since  events in the past i photograph and video everything you never know what may come in handy a few years down the line.

Such evidence paid dividends in a three year battle with Tescos a few years ago

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:44:24 am by mart6 »

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 09:42:50 am »
I've had two 12ft x 12ft stables on my land for 2 years without moving them and the Council havent said anything?

Some councils are great, some are ruthless
Think main problems arise from neighbors or busy body on the  local parish councils

If i was you i would check to see if i have any photos from when they were first put up.
Take a couple of photos every year after 4 years  they will be immune from enforcement anyway and classed as a permanent  building.

Be careful if you add any more as it may draw someones attention to them and bear in mind you can repair them but if you replace them they loose the immunity and will need planning permission
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:56:36 am by mart6 »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS