Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: scanner booked!  (Read 1336 times)

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
scanner booked!
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:13:45 am »
Thoroughly recommend getting the flock scanned - even if only a few.  For us, it really reduces the stress as to whether ewes actually in lamb, and who might need special care/feeding....  We've found lovely chap in Devon, who also scans in Cornwall and Somerset - very reasonable and accommodating.  He happily did just 7 ewes for us last year (+ offering useful feeding advice).  Feel free to pm for details... SOOOOOO excited....

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: scanner booked!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 11:36:17 am »
We always have ours scanned.  It's so helpful to adjust feeding for age, condition and number of lambs.  It also saves a huge amount of time knowing you don't have to hang around to see if there's still a twin or triplet to make an appearance.

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 04:27:01 pm »
What's the best time to scan? Or rather, is there a best time to scan? Presumably too early will show very little.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 04:31:16 pm »
40 to 90 days, from what I've read.

We just booked ours in with Booscan, who cover South Lanarkshire and Stirlingshire / Perthshire / Fife etc, and are happy to do small numbers  :thumbsup:.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

JedM

• Joined Aug 2014
  • East Anglia
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 07:51:55 am »
Does anyone know a scanner who covers the suffolk area?  I have contacted 4 which I found on the internet and had no response...that maybe because I only have 6 ewes to scan  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS