Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A Tiny Happy Christmas Tail/Tale  (Read 1469 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
A Tiny Happy Christmas Tail/Tale
« on: December 05, 2015, 05:48:42 am »
It's early and I am about to start baking but I am a very very happy Kitchen Cottage.

I support a lady with a very small dog rescue in Bulgaria.  |It's only her and her pension and small donations.  I got to know her because my blind dog Luca came from her..  She has 22 dogs herself for adoption and 9 in paid foster and 22 cats.  I've been to visit her and she is tireless.

Anyway I donate to her and do fundraising,  I run a dog show on my paddock, sell jams and chutneys and it all makes a BIG difference.

Well I decided to sell "dog stockings" on Facebook.  Home made treats, a homemade squeaky toy all in a Christmas stocking.  I was flogging them for £15 +pp..... and I thought if I was lucky I would sell 10, basically to the kind people who buy regularly...

They have jerky in them.... which originally from my pigs and sheep and when I ran out, the abattoir gave me livers and kidneys free and actually delivered them!

Today I will be finishing off the dog ones to sell and setting up more jerky.  People have been so kind and have over donated on paypal.

I sold 51dog stockings and 13 cat stockings and will raise over £1000 which is life changing for next year.... With other fundraising the dogs that need it are all passported for travel, the vet bill is up to date and the fosters are paid for the next quarter.

Ingrid is actually going to spend Christmas with me for a break (her partner was raised a Jehovah's witness and never celebrates although he isn't a JW now).... so Christmas is really Christmassy in the true meaning of giving at the moment..

:excited: :bouquet: :wave: :chook:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS