Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BHWT rehoming pullets  (Read 2176 times)

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
BHWT rehoming pullets
« on: November 26, 2015, 09:51:08 am »
Just been posted on another forum that the BHWT has been offered 600 pullets. At 16 weeks old they were destined for a large producer but are no longer required, so they are going to be available for collection weekend 5th December from several locations. Details have been posted on their Facebook page apparently.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: BHWT rehoming pullets
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:53:43 am »
I'm not personally interested but wonder whether they've been vaccinated?  If so I would be extremely cautious about introducing them to a flock with unvaccinated birds.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:00:01 pm »
I expect, like all hybrids, they have been vaccinated MF. I wouldn't introduce any hybrid into an unvaccinated flock, they would need to be isolated by a fair distance. This is a big mistake we made when live viruses were first used and we didn't realise the consequences- our whole Pedigree flock was very sick for two weeks and we spent £200 on vets fees and medication.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 01:29:38 pm »
Yes, we learned that the hard way some years ago.  Disease romped through the whole flock despite the new cockerel being isolated well away from the others. 

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »
when you say available, where would they be selling them? Here or abroad? Its a shame that I haven't got more space or i'd have a load meself, can't tell you how much I need the eggs.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS