Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Festive Season  (Read 1248 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Festive Season
« on: December 22, 2023, 05:38:37 pm »
I thought I would get in first this year!

Solstice greetings (we celebrated it yesterday with our Hebridean lamb chops, with potatoes and sprouts from the veggie patch, and a Yule log from a tree that blew down in Storm Pia).

:merryxmas:

:turkey: :hohoho: :santa: :xmas: :reindeer: :carols: :xmaswindow:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Festive Season
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 06:24:22 pm »
Solstice greetings to you as well @Fleecewife, but it's not so noticeable down here as we still have 9 hours daylight. They did say on our news this morning that the solstice comes in the middle of a ten day period where the daylight hours remain unchanged- Astronomical Winter they called it? Oh, and we eat the Yule logs -called 'būche de Noel'.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 08:05:18 am »
Solstice greetings - we also began our celebrations yesterday with all the family for a fine roast turkey dinner. Dan and I are now off duty :excited: Going to see "Wonka" this afternoon!
Wishing all our TAS peeps a peaceful year with good health and good cheer  :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 08:55:56 am »
Greetings to you all whatever you celebrate this time of year. Our animals know its a special day, getting fed and milked at record speed rather earlier than normal sort of gives it away.
One of the few days we all get to have a sort of easy day feet up and a nice organised meal.

Have a peaceful day

Bywaters

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2023, 03:04:45 pm »
Season's greetings to you all

Yesterday started off with the 7 gimmers we have across the valley, taking advantage of the 60 mph gusts which gave them their liberty and resulted them being taken to a different part of the holding

Today's game was re-inforcing fencing on that holding where water and the accompanying silt and vegetation had knackered it.

Tomorrow we will be cutting off one of the ram's horns as it is too close to his face and not suitable for slabbing anymore.
Really hoping that my cold / manflu is better by then, as those cheese wires take a lot of energy

Time to sit down with a beer  :thumbsup:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2023, 02:45:09 pm »
Season's greetings to you all

Yesterday started off with the 7 gimmers we have across the valley, taking advantage of the 60 mph gusts which gave them their liberty and resulted them being taken to a different part of the holding

Today's game was re-inforcing fencing on that holding where water and the accompanying silt and vegetation had knackered it.

Tomorrow we will be cutting off one of the ram's horns as it is too close to his face and not suitable for slabbing anymore.
Really hoping that my cold / manflu is better by then, as those cheese wires take a lot of energy

Time to sit down with a beer  :thumbsup:

Yes the cheese wires do take more energy than I have any more, but they do build up enough heat so that if you get too close to the core then it's automatically cauterised, so no bleeding!  Enjoy your busy festive season!
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS