Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Compact tractor on the road  (Read 6251 times)

Easteremma

• Joined Oct 2015
Compact tractor on the road
« on: October 21, 2015, 07:34:24 pm »
Hi,

We are thinking of buying a compact tractor (kubota or similar) but would need to use it on the road, our field is 3 miles away.

If it's not currently road registered it looks like we'd need a Certificate of Conformity. Does anybody know how we'd get one, is it simply s case of writing to the manufacturer/importer?

Once registered we can use on the road without MOT, but it would need to have a tax disc and insurance. And also working lights. Is this correct?

:cow: :thinking: many thanks Emma

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Compact tractor on the road
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:16:32 am »
I think you can get certificate of conformity from manufacturer or importer. We had to get them when we imported our cars from Guernsey to UK, even though they had been imported to Guernsey vau Uk!

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 11:19:57 am »
To road register you need to get a registration number issued, then get plates made by approved supplier (i.e. garage - you will need to show them the official grant of registration number from DVLA), affix the reg. plates then tax the tractor - as agricultural machine. Tax discs are now discontinued so just keep hold of the confirmation of taxation you'll get from DVLA. MOT not needed, road use insurance is required.
Finally, just double check your driving licence and make sure you are licensed to drive a tractor! (I'm sure you have, but better safe than sorry!).

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 05:15:55 pm »
Also a yellow flashing light? (Unless times have changed!)

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 05:28:48 pm »
Yellow flashing light only compulsory on dual carriageways I believe

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 06:07:10 pm »
Also a yellow flashing light? (Unless times have changed!)

Although round here one beacon you are a nobody, you must have twin beacons to be king of the road.

:innocent:

Easteremma

• Joined Oct 2015
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 08:33:51 pm »
Brilliant! Thanks for the replies, does it make any difference if it's a grey import ?????

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS