Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for lleyn rams in west Wales  (Read 3267 times)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Looking for lleyn rams in west Wales
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:39:13 am »
Ok so we decided to decline on the big ol suffolk, was rather wacky to decide on a tup just on one ewe lamb.so we have very little time to get in what we kno, a few proven lleyn tups.  Would like pure but don't require them to be registered. Thank you  :wave:

GrannyAching

• Joined Apr 2015
  • Pembrokeshire
Re: Looking for lleyn rams in west Wales
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:52:42 am »
I have a very smart 7 month old pure Lleyn. Both his parents are (good) pedigree animals (can be seen here). I have pm'd you my mobile number if you are interested. We are North Pembs (Crymych/Cardigan)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 11:00:56 am »
Thank you my dear, I have replied :)

Sorting them all out at the mo, got 40 ewe lambs out front, a handful of singing culls and Molly lambs on the yard and garden, 40 ram lambs mooching about up back with the old hoss and his wifeys, 70 shearlings and adult females. Took 20 culls to mart last week, and got another cut to do. need new boys, time is ticking lol x

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:09:03 am »
You know you have picked the perfect place to find Lleyn breeders, who will probably still have rams. I bought mine from a breeder in Leominster, north wales though, but i was looking for excellent quality. This is someone in mid wales, their lowest priced rams are £500, but well worth it and are registered and ready to work.http://lluestlleyn.com/ If you want more Lleyn breeders, then pm and I will give you the list I emailed, most of them are in mid wales, south and indeed north wales.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 11:20:52 am »
Thank you WBF  :wave:   We are in Pembs

GrannyAching

• Joined Apr 2015
  • Pembrokeshire

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »
I have an April born ram lamb that I consider would make a superb sire.

Correct conformation. Good head. Up on his legs and a good fleece.

Near Hay on Wye Hereford Powys border.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 09:53:39 am »
Thank you Castle for that.

We are just about to go and pick up new addition.  Beautifully bred so I'm told, hes registered.  we don't register as our ewes are not quite pure, I must say though the flock is now starting to look very uniform, very good!! So a an excellent new young ram will surely add something extra to the mix.  We do have another ram that was destined for mart but I think he's going to go in, he did have some very good early lambs last year and is certainly on patrol, whilst the other boys are mooching n chewing the cud !

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »
Well he's here! hid name is Destiny, and he's bloody gorgeous ! 

GrannyAching

• Joined Apr 2015
  • Pembrokeshire
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 07:07:29 pm »
Pictures, please.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS