Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How do  (Read 3368 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: How do
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »
Shock, horror, probe! You don't know where Clackmannanshire is? The centre of the universe? God's country?

At least you admit it.  ;D

We are the smallest county on mainland Scotland, bounded by Stirling, Falkirk, Fife and Perth and Kinross Councils. Ochils to the North, River Forth to the south and with enough whisky stored here to pay the national debt (well, prior to the recent crisis  ;D)

Home of William Alexander of Menstrie, founder of Nova Scotia; the Erskine family, Earls of Mar and Kellie, hereditary keepers of Stirling Castle and close buddies of the Royal Stuarts; lowland home of the Clan Campbell and home of Alloa Athletic Football Club, currently top of the Scottish Second Division!

Farmer Pete

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 08:55:58 pm »
Hi Chriso

I knocked on doors in my village and found a 2 acre plot in someone's garden. They were only too happy to have some animals in there and help to keep it down.
I started with pigs and they are so easy. The landlord also loves the fact that they can recycle their waste as well and their kids (as well as ours) love going to see the pigs.
The owners of the land now take it in turn to feed and water so it's brilliant. The deal is I source, take responsibility, slaughter, butcher and present them with their half a pig. they help feed and generally muck in. I sent them a tex the other day saying to look in their field as they had some new tenants.
I'd bought some lambs and mother ewes. It's so easy, such fun and everyone loves helping out. BRILLIANT

chriso

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cumbria
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 09:21:42 am »
Nice one farmer Pete :farmer: I will have to approach the farmer who owns the fields behind me to see if I can rent some space with a similar deal.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS