Author Topic: Texere  (Read 2140 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Texere
« on: October 19, 2015, 10:18:57 pm »
Just in case anyone uses them and isn't aware...  Texere sadly went into liquidation earlier this month.  linky

There's a thread discussing the handling of orders placed in the week before liquidation, and what to do if you are awaiting materials ordered, on Ravelry linky

A couple of people had placed orders and heard nothing; knew about it only through the Ravelry thread.  So I thought I'd better post here, in case anyone on here was in a similar position.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Texere
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 11:59:27 pm »
Thank you for passing this on Sally.  I haven't used Texere for a while but I'm sad to hear it's gone under.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 09:40:05 am »
I am waiting for an order to arrive. They did send me an email though explaining they had gone into liquidation and all orders would be filled, unless they were out of stock of the items. Apparently everything has been sent to another company to dispatch and they said we should get our orders within 3 weeks.  :fc:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 10:10:10 am »
Sally, the advice on Ravelry seems to be to hope for the best but prepare for the worst - so register a potential problem with PayPal or your card company, which you can stop if your goods show up.  At the least, make sure you know the deadline for registering a dispute or whatever, and do so before that date.

Did you order before or after the 50% sale?  Some people who ordered on the first few days of the sale have received their orders, others are still waiting and hoping.  Most do seem to have alerted their credit card companies or PayPal to the situation.

It sounds as though the directors have made every effort to ensure that all orders placed before they went into liquidation will get fulfilled, but now the liquidators are in charge of course at Texere and no-one knows who this third party is, or how complete or otherwise the information they have, nor what stock they have available to them to fulfil the orders...  :-\

A horrible situation all round.  Lost jobs, who knows what the directors themselves will have lost, not to mention the stress of going through such a process.   :'(
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 11:08:17 am »
I ordered from their 50% sale but a week before I had the email to say they had gone into liquidation. So I am still hopeful.
I will register my claim but it wasn't a huge order so not too much to loose in any case.

It is very sad for them though and yet another supplier gone.  :(
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 11:16:58 am »
I phoned up to order the day after the 50% sale and the lady said the computer system had gone down so I couldn't place an order she didn't mention liquidiation .......

Will have to find an alternative supplier for cotton to weave into tea towels.....any suggestions?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS