Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bryn's first show(and last according to his Mum, but I'll have words about that)  (Read 2980 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
He was a bit stressed before going in the show ring, but Bryn acquitted himself very well and settled down. He stood nicely on the table for the Judge to examine him, and walked mostly very well to heel, apart from needing to scratch an itchy ear from time to time  ;D
I have a video but can't upload it to here so if you have FB here it is - https://www.facebook.com/doganjo/videos/10207959597417535/?pnref=story

Rosie really dropped them both right into the deep end as this was not just a Championship Show, but also a Group  Working and Pastoral one - competing against all the top dogs in the country from those breeds.  Not only that he is only one week over the minimum age of 6 months!

Hopefully I can persuade her to show him at a smaller show locally, as I think for a 6 month pup he did very well and showed potential.

Well done, Bryn!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Thanks for the report, Annie.  He certainly looks the part in that pic  :thumbsup:  And yes, apart from the 'my ear's all itchy' head-shaking, a super show for such a young inexperienced dog.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Thanks for the report, Annie.  He certainly looks the part in that pic  :thumbsup:  And yes, apart from the 'my ear's all itchy' head-shaking, a super show for such a young inexperienced dog.

Thank you. He really is a cracking wee dog.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
......Well done, Bryn!
And well done Rosemary and dojango!

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Well done Bryn!!

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Well done Bryn!! Showing is fun (and expensive and time consuming!!) as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
He is a very fine little chap, I'm sure you really want to show him off a bit more, Rosemary !

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Next time I'll try to remember my fuji camera - it's a bit better than my phone!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS