Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: They need a skate board!!  (Read 2862 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
They need a skate board!!
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:21:52 pm »
Primrose the goat kid has learnt a new trick.  She is running across the barn, bouncing off the wall at each end.  Reminds me of the kids at the skateboard park.  Not content with that, she is also springing from the floor and landing on Paddys back.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: They need a skate board!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:37:38 am »
"They need a skateboard" well we would like a video clip if possible. Sounds like she is having a great time. :goat:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:03:32 pm »
My little GG boy bounces off the wall in his pen too, so it's quite normal goat behaviour then.... The two BT girls are in with their mum during the day and are trying to jump on her back all the time.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:24:21 pm »
Oh all that's normal. So is causing complete havoc. Our BA boys are banned from being loose in the goat shed now- they can get to the top of the stack of bales of straw, onto the top of the round bale of hay, on all the food barrels. Of course knocking stuff over as they go!

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:49:53 pm »
They cause havoc don't they!!  Buckets, once empty of feed, are ideal for standing in, and putting on their heads .....and then running round the barn unable to see because of the bucket!!  They can bring a smile to my face with their antics.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:04:36 pm »
loony goats!
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:45:10 pm »
I put a bucket into the little male's pen with some hay for him to nibble, but all he did was upturn it and crawl inside... prefers to nibble the straw in his pen. Not sure what will happen once I introduce water bucket/shallow bowl for him to drink... towels at the ready I think!

Emma

• Joined Feb 2010
  • South West Somerset
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:21 am »
Goats really sound like adventurous charactors. . . How much space do they need???
Emma's Dispatcher's . . . .  Intrested in having you're business advertised with door to door flyer's or newsletters at competitive prices then contact me at emmaogrady@hotmail.co.uk.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS