Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is this an automatic water dispenser?  (Read 2386 times)

Justin

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Devon
Is this an automatic water dispenser?
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:43:12 am »
I found 3 of these in a bag in our barn, left by the previous owners, I've put them together in a way that seems sensible and it looks like you clip a pipe to it and it would automatically dispense water to birds. Does anyone recognise them and can confirm or deny that's what they are. Looks like the black bit in the middle is a float that operates a valve inside when the water level drops. Would be handy for weekends away as our feeder holds a week's worth of food. Thanks.

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Is this an automatic water dispenser?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 09:49:27 am »
I'm assuming the black bit floats up and shuts off the supply? Never seen one like that before but it's an interesting idea.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 11:56:04 am »
Never seen one, but looks interesting, + looks like you'll have to try it and let us know  :)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:15:20 pm »
Never seen one, but looks interesting, + looks like you'll have to try it and let us know  :)

Try -
www.bellsouth.com.au
chicks. * The MM2 is 220mm

Minimaster 1 Chick DrinkerProduct no.: BECMM1

$14.00
inc Gst exc delivery
Delivery weight: 0.5 kg

Delivery Estimator[/size][/color]

[/size][/color]
[/size] Add to shopping basket[/size]Possible delivery methods: Australia Post Standard ( not tracked), Please provide a manual quotation for freight and/or insurance., Pick up from Bellsouth, Australia Post (Receipted Delivery, tracked), Carrier Quoter

[/color]Description[/b]

The Minimaster 1 is a low pressure chick drinker and can be used for game bird chicks or quail. It is a small trough size suitable for wire floors.
Quail ring is optional and will prevent quail chicks falling into water. Comes with 1m length of black, plastic 6mm tubing. [/size]Maximum water pressure 1 metre.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:20:45 pm by penninehillbilly »

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 03:48:16 pm »
Yep thats how they work, the pipe usually has a T-piece above the drinker and they can be linked up so many drinkers run off the same pipe.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:51:56 pm by Clansman »

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 10:07:27 am »
So the black bit floats up and blocks the air hole or the inlet as well?

Justin

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 08:35:52 pm »
Aha, yes that's the thing. Good to know I figured out what the bits did.

The black bit floats up and closes the valve that is inside at the top. The air hole has to be there or the rising black float would create pressure and it wouldn't hit the valve, letting the air out and in as it drops is the trick to it I think.

I'll have to make up a reservoir and try them out. Thanks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS