Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Uni student in need of a bit of help!  (Read 1913 times)

Dave Taylor

• Joined Oct 2015
Uni student in need of a bit of help!
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:45:52 pm »
Hi everyone, I am very new to the site and i'm hoping to be able to make a few contacts on here and also enjoy the forum.

I am currently studying ecology at Bangor uni, i'm not from a farming background however I did keep and breed rare breed poultry as a small business for ten years prior to uni. I also have a basic stocksmanship award from when I was at Askham Bryan Agricultural College, however I have to admit the word 'basic' sums it up.

I am looking to try and get into livestock farming as a career, and therefore would like to know if any of you guys are willing, or know of willing people to give me a bit of experience, in terms of livestock handling, husbandry etc. My main interests are in sheep, I love sheep! However any experience will be brilliant and I am very keen to work with all livestock and all aspects of a farm. 

As I am currently studying in North Wales, for now I am fairly restricted to here due to uni work.. however as of around this time next year, I have a sandwhich year from my course, where I need to work in industry to gain experience in what I want to do, so I am looking to find a farm where I will be able to work and get as much experience as physically possible. Which therefore means I can work anywhere.

If anybody has any advice, or think they could offer some help I would love to hear from you!

Thank you
Dave

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Uni student in need of a bit of help!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 08:21:03 am »
Hi Dave, if you fancy popping down the coast road to Aberaeron you can help me winter shear some ewes in a month or so - no charge ;)

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:16:51 pm »
Does Bangor uni not have it's own farm? By the side of the A55 at Aber?

Dave Taylor

• Joined Oct 2015
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:00:59 pm »
It does, I do my own bits of research there but unfortunately we don't really have much to do with the livestock

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS