Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Year Without a Summer?  (Read 8068 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: The Year Without a Summer?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 06:17:49 pm »
I have had to have the horses in at night as its been so wet and cold. Never needed to do this in September.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 12:08:46 pm »
So last night the temp went down to 4 C.

We worked out that we have had only two nights this 'summer' when we could leave the polytunnel open overnight, and we have worn shorts only twice this year.  I'm wearing my winter jumper, and definitely can't wear short sleeves outside in this northerly wind.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 12:44:32 pm »
Where I am its 14-15 c so about average. I get that in spring on a sunny day. You never know though it may be a really nice summer next year. Am just concerned that i won't get my second lot of hay in :gloomy:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS