Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sqlite3 , this is not a spam!  (Read 1901 times)

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Sqlite3 , this is not a spam!
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:04 am »
Is anyone familiar with sqlite3. I have received a memory stick with info on it and don't know how to access the file.

Anyone any ideas?
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Small Plot Big Ideas

• Joined May 2012
  • North Pennines, UK
    • Small Plot Big Ideas
Re: Sqlite3 , this is not a spam!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:00 am »
Thanks for prompting my curiosity with this - I've not specifically used this in any of my coding but I have worked with many other SQL-based databases so it's been interesting (in a slightly geeky way) to investigate further   :D

There is a Windows command line program which could be used to query the data but you'd need to be familiar with SQL commands/syntax to use that.

Take a look at https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:38:25 am »
Something like SqliteBrowser should do the trick if your SQL skills are a bit rusty - it provides a GUI for browsing sqlite dbs.

https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:23:41 pm »
Cheers for above, the file I am trying to access has hmrc info on it, someone else had advised registering on line with hmrc then through their site I should be able to access info, does that make any sense to you guys
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »
Makes some sort of sense to me - I used to use HMRC's windows software for doing PAYE etc. and I'm pretty sure that used sqlite as a db athough I thought it all moved to the web, either that or the accountant started doing it!? Perhaps I'm thinking of https://www.gov.uk/basic-paye-tools

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:09:15 pm »
Why do you need a specific and unusual software to access HMRC info - it's all in plain script on the website.  ???  Or am I missing something?
Yes you need to register with HMRC - then wait for them to send you a piece of paper with an access code - they are so security conscious that it's a bloody pain!  I waited 3 months for my self assessment code, and i've been waiting a  month for our fiddlers workshop one for gift aid.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS