Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mini baler in west wales  (Read 1582 times)

amartin

• Joined Aug 2015
Mini baler in west wales
« on: August 07, 2015, 09:32:30 am »
Hello,

We live on a smallholding in Carmarthenshire. One of our projects is to restore a couple of our fields to traditional wildflower meadows, and to do this we will soon be mowing, tedding, rowing-up and baling our hay (though given the weather more likely haylage).  We have recently bought a Star Mini Round Baler from Danelander.  A qestion for anyone else who has used one - where do you get your baler twine from?  We have a couple of sisal rolls from our old square baler,but the rollls are too big to fit in the twine compartment in the Star baler.  We would rather use biodegradable natural fibre than polypropylene.  Any ideas anyone? 

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Mini baler in west wales
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 03:46:43 pm »
I've no idea but hello and welcome from Devon!
I haven't seen sisal twine since I was a girl and then it was called binder twine and had a variety of uses, plaiting into lengths to make kitchen mats, making halters etc.
I remember, at one time wire was used, very hard on the hands!
Good luck with your search. If I see my neighbouring farmer this evening I'll ask him.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS