Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: juno  (Read 1886 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
juno
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:56:31 pm »
foster who arrived on Monday night and was put to sleep today.  Somehow she was passed fit to travel and her previous foster didn't notice she had a head full of shotgun and had been stabbed in the eye recently.....

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Re: juno
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 10:16:23 pm »
Good god!!! I think the rescue that organised this should be ashamed. How awful for you you must feel so angry. Poor soul RIP
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 07:09:23 am »
How awful. RIP.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:49:41 am »
Poor, dear soul. She is in peace now :bouquet: :dog:

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 09:00:48 am »
This is the second time I have had to put a foster to death with 48 hours, which means they have travelled in pain for no reason.  last time, it was a dog with a large malignant tumour on its neck.  So big that it impeded its breathing and it was choking to death

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 09:18:06 am »
Poor dogs.

Also, what about the people who are donating money to the charity moving these dogs?  What a huge waste of funds, exporting dogs which have no chance of a better life.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 12:01:31 pm »
Terrible  :rant:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 12:25:33 pm »
Poor girl, and the other, brought tears to my eyes seeing that.
Somebody should be accountable (for the cause but mainly also in the charity for allowing the suffering to continue.
RIP poor girl

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS