Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: PDing tday!  (Read 1820 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
PDing tday!
« on: July 14, 2015, 07:02:44 am »
Ah well the vets due about 2 pm and I must confess am feeling a bit nervous about it. I have 13 animals which were served over a month ago, the vet likes to pd at 5-6 wks for a better result. I just really hope the bull has done his job, I saw him serve all of them twice so that made me nervous but he seems to have left them so hopefully alls well.  :-\
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: PDing tday!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 08:49:41 am »
 :fc:

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:56:56 am »
Vets like tea and biscuits - and a bucket of water - not in that order

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:35:19 pm »
results are in and about 3 quarters of them are in calf, one definately not, 1about to bull and one maybe. The maybe is because there is a lot of fluid there and he says if she is in calf it'll be about 3 weeks. Its a relief to know the bulls working though, I gad visions of sending him for tests and him being sterile. :relief:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS