NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 132668 times)

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1065 on: February 05, 2018, 09:31:36 am »
In a few years time you will look at them and say to yourself with pride  " I planted them, I made a difference "

Yes, thanks :-) Really want to be able to look back in future years and say we've made a difference to the land. The hedgerow is one part - we deliberately left a gap between the dry stone wall and new stock fence so that we could plant some more - but increasing the wildflowers in the meadow is also on the list.

Here's the weekend's work - rabbit guards to go on when the company send the other 500 we ordered.
Voss Electric Fence

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #1066 on: February 06, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »
milking buffalo for bro, barred him from dairy until his eye is better. Making sure all the animals are doing good, had a lot of snowfall today, although its cleared up now :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1067 on: February 12, 2018, 04:02:27 pm »
Dismantled, washed and disinfected the 2 Solway chicken coops , as it was a nice sunny day they dried quickly, put them, back together and new bedding all with a audience of 21  :chook: :chook: :chook: x 7.
Now my knees have given up so now its off to collect the car from its 1st MOT and a service.
Then a nice cup of tea while I dont think of work ( Hols for the week   :) )
Then the feeding of the kids and I'll sit and rest in the pen with them.

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1068 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:02 pm »
I spent most of the day with a friend who had to have her young dog pts after it attacked and tried to kill her other dog and, when stopped, then turned on my friend who has a badly mauled hand. Lucy, the dog who was attacked, went straight into the submission position when she was attacked but Marnie went for her throat and was shaking her. Nothing had triggered the attack. They were all three just about to go upstairs to bed. The blood was sprayed all up the wall as far as light switches but we managed to get it all off.

Both of them were more relaxed by the time I left but my friend's painkillers had worn off and she was finding it very hard to do things with her left hand totally strapped. She has a lot of torn muscle at the base of her fingers and a piece absolutely missing that may need treatment at a later day.

Despite all this, she cried her eyes out after we took the dog to be PTS and kept asking me if she'd done the right thing. This was a much loved and well trained dog who just flipped for no reason. The vet said nothing could be done. It's possible that she was the result of interbreeding and just had a screw lose. It just shows how easily it can happen.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1069 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:47 pm »
Well its cold and snowing so I unpacked my steam juice extractor and produced a litre of fresh apple juice, brilliant !

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1070 on: February 15, 2018, 10:17:24 pm »
Putting on a brave face.
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1071 on: February 16, 2018, 10:06:14 pm »

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #1072 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:36 am »
Dismantled a 6'x8' greenhouse to put on ebay.

I am upgrading to a larger model which I am not looking forward to building

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #1073 on: February 19, 2018, 02:43:08 pm »
passing inspection by EMI and LA food business inspector :)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #1074 on: March 04, 2018, 11:00:15 am »
advertising animals for sale, checking water troughs and removing ice, feeding cleaning and bedding down animals :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1075 on: March 05, 2018, 07:20:09 pm »
Spent the morning with the Orthopedic Consultant  :(   spent the afternoon looking at walking aids , as no surgery for Me then.

I think I've found My sell by date.......   on the upside , err.

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1076 on: March 11, 2018, 07:15:06 pm »
Today i have been mainly clearing the ground for the timber workshop and meat rabbit hutches to go on. Back breaking but good to finally get started

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1077 on: March 11, 2018, 08:03:19 pm »
Shovelling poo.  Twelve trailer loads of the stuff.  I am now cream crackered.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #1078 on: March 13, 2018, 02:39:33 pm »
Learning that I am to be a Great Granny in September :excited:

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1079 on: March 13, 2018, 02:46:51 pm »
Learning that I am to be a Great Granny in September :excited:

Congrats  :excited:

Is there something about today?

Started by Lizmar

Replies: 7
Views: 1960
Last post August 12, 2009, 08:35:04 pm
by northfifeduckling
Who can top this today?

Started by cameldairy

Replies: 16
Views: 4114
Last post October 05, 2009, 03:24:18 pm
by sandy
What did you do today?

Started by valr

Replies: 37
Views: 7522
Last post July 18, 2010, 08:31:42 am
by Wizard
So what did you do today?

Started by bloomer

Replies: 24
Views: 5434
Last post September 05, 2010, 11:51:43 am
by ballingall
what did you do today?

Started by northfifeduckling

Replies: 52
Views: 11361
Last post October 24, 2010, 09:43:04 am
by ballingall

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Assist Animal Care Services Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2018. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS