Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312381 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1005 on: November 19, 2017, 11:29:13 pm »
Holiday will be cancelled as will be on sick, makes no odds  but as Mrs RTB is away on her holiday  Its struggle as normal  ??? ??? ???.

Oh well onward and upward going for a long hot shower then bed

night all

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #1006 on: November 20, 2017, 07:29:55 am »
hope you feel better soon  :hug:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1007 on: November 20, 2017, 10:18:04 am »
Thanks ,now getting 2 jabs a day in back side

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #1008 on: November 20, 2017, 01:47:29 pm »
Thanks ,now getting 2 jabs a day in back side
wishing you all the best! :)

Been busy helping bro milk today, amidst getting horrible big bites off mites in the hay :( Weathers turned for the worst so just finished feeeding sheep their feed, putting buffalo onto fresh pasture before they are going to come in, in about a week or so (hoping!!) Mum and dad are away next few days so trying to manage stuff in their absence. Thankfully i have 2 bro's helping  :thumbsup: :trophy:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #1009 on: November 20, 2017, 03:28:04 pm »
Do hope you are feeling better. I am full of the cold and trying just to get on with things. Animals still need fed and cleaned out and the weather has been so horrible. Its going to be a long winter.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1010 on: November 21, 2017, 07:15:09 am »
new routine then . 0800 surgery get jag , go home do animals . 09.30 mandatory small breakfast even if I don't feel hungry ( unusual for me )  take rest of meds, wash and to bed. 17.00 back to surgery for 2nd jag , I swear the needle is now  BIGGER   go home , get over the shakes :' do animals, ( seems to be more of them in the evening  :)  20;00 milk and go to bed , seems it will work until Friday  :excited:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #1011 on: November 21, 2017, 12:30:33 pm »
new routine then . 0800 surgery get jag , go home do animals . 09.30 mandatory small breakfast even if I don't feel hungry ( unusual for me )  take rest of meds, wash and to bed. 17.00 back to surgery for 2nd jag , I swear the needle is now  BIGGER   go home , get over the shakes :' do animals, ( seems to be more of them in the evening  :)  20;00 milk and go to bed , seems it will work until Friday  :excited:
That's great. Just TC now, don't want you to fall ill or anything :)

Today I have been mainly, so far anyway, milking buffalo, keeping house in order for mums return. Going to be cleaning out chickens later and feeding the sheep :)
Have a good one guys! :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1012 on: November 21, 2017, 11:16:57 pm »

Not much fun for you. You must be like a pincushion. I meant earlier that you are off sick now so will have the holiday later to enjoy. Take care.

Been doing some spinning today. I bought a lovely white woodland fleece at the Wool Experience in the summer and it is spinning up a dream.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1013 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:08 pm »
getting visits from the district nurse  :( :( :( :(    going back to bed  untill she arrives for breakfast in the morning.
Not looking god at the moment and it bliddy cold here too

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #1014 on: November 25, 2017, 10:01:01 pm »
hope you are feeling better soon RTB. I have been mainly in the kitchen, making pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, and icing the Christmas cake, punctuated by spells weeding out ivy in the garden.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #1015 on: November 26, 2017, 08:49:07 pm »
out on my bike  :thumbsup:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1016 on: December 04, 2017, 12:52:08 pm »
Cursing the Doctor  >:(  silly sod gave me the "you're not well /you're an idiot / don't you know the meaning of infirmity  ? / trying to drive the pick up with a leg in a pillowcase to work the pedals is not wise / and don't think I didnt hear about the pigs " ( district nurse busted me )  lecture...

Signed off work for the rest of the year :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  with the " I cant stop you from being stupid and working on the croft BUT take it easy " lecture  :gloomy: :gloomy:

Better keep away from the keyboard as well  ;)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #1017 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:36 pm »
Cursing the Doctor  >:(  silly sod gave me the "you're not well /you're an idiot / don't you know the meaning of infirmity  ? / trying to drive the pick up with a leg in a pillowcase to work the pedals is not wise / and don't think I didnt hear about the pigs " ( district nurse busted me )  lecture...

Signed off work for the rest of the year :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  with the " I cant stop you from being stupid and working on the croft BUT take it easy " lecture  :gloomy: :gloomy:

Better keep away from the keyboard as well  ;)
Ouch sounds harsh that lol. Hope you feel better soon! xx
Just the usual today, feeding sheep, milking buffalo, cleaning parlour. Dad has gone to fetch bales for animal, so should be back soon. Probably catch up on that novel I'm halfway through.
Have a good one guys! :thumbsup:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #1018 on: December 07, 2017, 08:16:23 am »
R TB, you're having a pretty grim time of it :hug: :hug: As I was told yesterday, think of the good times, don't dwell on the bad.
I am recovering from a T.I.A and wishing I didn't keep forgetting words!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1019 on: December 07, 2017, 09:10:28 pm »

I am recovering from a T.I.A and wishing I didn't keep forgetting words!!

DL, my mum was like that after a full-blown stroke. Actually she lost the ability to talk at all but it gradually came back. She would have us in stitches at some or the things she said, like answering the door and saying Goodbye instead of Hello.  The best was when my son was trying to massage her shoulders where she is very ticklish and she was squirming and laughing and managed to say, "David, get your hands off my knickers." She had meant shoulders, of course, but nearly wet her knickers when she realised what she'd said. The speech therapist said that words are stored in the brain in different categories so saying goodbye when she meant hello actually makes sense but not the other one. The trouble was that it gradually did improve and spoiled all our fun.  :roflanim:

Hope you recover quickly and manage to get your words back before long. Remember to laugh at the things you say - it doesn't seem quite so bad. And take it easy. I'm sure you've been told that TLAs are often a warning.  :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS