Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shearing Charges  (Read 10037 times)

James sweep

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Shearing Charges
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 06:29:19 pm »
Hi everyone
I have 22 Ryelands and the shearers hate them best price at the mo is £150 and then you agree and they then don't turn up..... Any recommendations
I live on Isle of Anglesey

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2015, 09:38:24 am »
Hi James, I can't justify driving up just for yours, if there was enough interest from other TASers along the Welsh coast from Me to you I would happily do a little road trip. Otherwise sadly most of the £150 would go through the truck. Its a double shame as I'm picking up a new shearing pen today and want to try it out  :thumbsup:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2015, 01:43:08 pm »
For our big day (in the region of 1100 ewes, we pay 90p/sheep, plus £10/hr for an assistant to roll wool, stitch and label bags etc.  They charge double for tups.  That will be next week.

I wanted my Kerry Hills done sooner for showing, and the shetlands were done at the same time as they live together, the gang we get for the big day won't come for that number (about 40) so I got someone more local, he charged £2/sheep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS