Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vietnamese Pot bellied Piglets  (Read 3647 times)

pouletpaul

• Joined May 2008
Vietnamese Pot bellied Piglets
« on: May 15, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »

My two sows gave birth on 30th April and I have 6 piglets surplus to my requirement. They are either black or white with black markings. I have boys and girls. They will not be available until mum has finished weaning in 3-4 weeks time. The price is €50 for the girls and €40 for the boys
I live in dept 86 Vienne, central France.
Photos are available if required.

:chook:

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Vietnamese Pot bellied Piglets
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:41:27 pm »
Are your potbellies pure bred.  Just asking because you mention that you have black and white piglets.  I read on the internet that sometimes potbellies can be born white. I would love a white one but I suspect they are very rare.

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

pouletpaul

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:29:32 am »

They are pure bred. The mothers are black and the father is white with black markings. Non of piglets are pure white they all have some black markings. Hope this helps. Do you want some photos ?

:chook:

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 06:59:23 pm »
I actually have some potbelly/saddleback crosses which are black and white.  I would however be very interested should you ever have a white or nearly white piglet.

Would love to see pics anyway though if you have the time just for the aaah factor - I  just love pigglies, any pigglies!

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS