Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Planting again.  (Read 7062 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Planting again.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 01:54:01 pm »
That's what I have always used - no problems at all.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 11:10:20 am »
Does anyone plant garlic that they've bought from supermarkets/shops ? I know that with taters there's a likelihood of disease etc, but does that apply to shop bought garlic as well?

depends where you are/where the garlic comes from

a lot of shop garlic comes from Spain - much warmer cllimate. so probably won't do as well ni some parts of th country.

I've used the really garlicky stuff (it's grown in the highlands) sold in tesco et al and it's been fine.

You shouldn't have any problems really.

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 09:32:48 pm »
Thanks Annie and sellickbhoy! I didn't know that most of the shop ones come from Spain  :-\ Anyway, will buy them from Tesco

enzyme

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 07:47:11 pm »
We had a nice morning in the greenhouse, sowing seeds and setting out the seed potatos for chitting.

Kitchen is now full of seed trays...but it is nce to be staring another year.

We already have in the ground onions sets planted last october and some garlic. I bought some elephant garlic which I will plant in pots.

Potatos are early and senconds + main crop + a mixed bunch from last years crop which I always keep some.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS