Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Percentages - Boys to Girls  (Read 1560 times)

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
Percentages - Boys to Girls
« on: March 28, 2015, 05:00:35 pm »
Was chatting to a good friend who  has a large herd of Boers  and she said that her average was 75% girls  for last year ,on a large herd thought that was really good.
She said this year is 50/50% each but chatting to several friends they seem to be getting more boys
How is eveyone else doing this year? And how does it differ from last year
Mine is 60/40 boys but just getting going so early days

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Percentages - Boys to Girls
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 05:17:21 pm »
from two kiddings last year I got 1 boy and 3 girls. This year I got 2 boys and 3 girls again, same Does. One doe has given me three sets of twin girls, so she clearly has strong girl giving genes :D

interesting my sheep gave me a lot of boys last year (75% boys!) this year, so far... 90% girls!!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:18:36 pm »
This year (from 7nannies kidded) - 9 boys and 3girls

last year (5 nannies kidded) - 7 girls and 1 boy....

no rhyme or reason to it, different males, some AI... just one of those things.

But am still disappointed this year though - kidded 3 GG nannies and no female kid from them...

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 10:41:29 pm »
We had our first kids last weekend, 2 sets of twins from same buck, 3 male & 1 female. I co own the buck with friend in village, she had 2 sets of twins one set of males & one set of females (her does are not Boers).

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:34:02 pm »
80/20 in favour of girls this year so we are happy peoples we've had 35/65 with our piglets aswell this year so there's at plan at foot so I'm really in the minority on the farm

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS