Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free smallholder pig meeting  (Read 1555 times)

CarolineR

• Joined Jan 2012
Free smallholder pig meeting
« on: March 24, 2015, 09:24:16 am »
Hello everyone, somebody just pointed out that I should put this in "Pigs" to make it easier to see since it is specifically piggy in nature!

There's a free pig meeting on Thursday March 26th (this Thursday)! I've emailed all of you who are on my email list for free courses, so,if you have signed up, you should have an email (if you have not, it's because I can't read your writing...really sorry, some have bounced back, so feel free to email me with your address again if you think you have been missed, or if you want to join the email list - caroline.robinson@sac.co.uk)

If Nairn is too far North for you – don’t worry. The reason we are doing one so far north is that the next one, in May or June, will be South, to cover everyone.

If you filled out the pig keeper questionnaire featured on The Accidental Smallholder a while ago, then this is the meeting in which the results will be disseminated, and will also allow networking and good knowledge exchange among pig keepers local to your area. Also, as I had some feedback asking for more pig talks, I will be going along myself to do a presentation on pig health and disease (most of you will recognise me from the talks or the information stall we put on at the Smallholder Festivals, or the free courses we’ve run).

Thanks so much to all of you who gave feedback to SRUC at the recent Smallholder Conference in Perth – the response rate was excellent, which can only lead to more free education/information provision, so your comments are very much appreciated.

Please note – we ask you to register for your free place at the pig meeting – this is to make sure that we put out enough chairs! So if you wish to attend, please do either email me, or contact Madeleine at the details below, whichever is easiest for you.

Kind regards,

Caroline
Pig disease and biosecurity for Smallholders:
Disseminating the results of the smallholder pig keeping survey

Venue:    Clubhouse Hotel, Seabank Road, Nairn. IV12 4EY
Date and Time:  Thursday,  March 26th   6.15 for 6.30 pm

Madeleine Henry and Carla Gomes (researchers from SRUC Inverness) together with Caroline Robinson (Veterinary Investigation officer from SAC Consulting, Perth) invite you to a evening meeting to discuss the findings of a recent Scottish survey carried out in 2013 with a focus on biosecurity for smallholders and those involved in small-scale production.

Caroline Robinson will give a talk on pig welfare and disease as it relates to smallholders.

We would be pleased if you could join us for an hour or two, have a light complimentary supper and join in the discussions related to our findings.
Please drop us a quick email or phone us to let us know if you are coming –this will assist with our catering arrangements.
          To register or for more information please contact:        Madeleine Henry on 01463 246060 or email madeleine.henry@sruc.ac.uk 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:09:53 am by podanmoo »

CarolineR

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Free smallholder pig meeting
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:57:37 am »
Still places available as of this morning. (It's always harder to fill more northerly meetings and also pig meetings, when compared to the happy rabble you can conjure up for central meetings and sheep meetings for instance!)
Free food and plenty time to discuss your own particular concerns or interests - if you are swithering about registering, we would be super-happy to hear from you.
Have a good day everyone,
Caroline

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS