Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best tasting pork?  (Read 5051 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Best tasting pork?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 01:20:01 pm »
Sorry Jackie I should have worded it better.I'm with you all the way.I think theres an ocean of difference twixt all these ready meals and burgers etc; to what you and I have eaten.I am quite poorly these days but not heart etc Its breath shortage I have to take a tank of oxygen out these days.
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 06:27:27 pm »
Oh George Im so sorry to hear that you are having beathing difficulties  :(, do you have COPD?

I never have ready meals and have never had them for my family either, mainly because when I was first married and had my first child we just couldnt afford all this fancy stuff, hubby was still on his apprenticeship then.

I used to buy sacks of veg from the market just when it was closing as it was cheaper then and freeze them and what I can do with mince is nothing short of a miracle. lol
A friend used to wheelbarrow green tripe to us from the slaughter house for us, my god it stinks but after cleaning it us and the dogs had a feed. Many a time Ive been given pigs heads and now see? I was way ahead of my time as pigs cheeks are seen as a delicacy now. lol I used to tell the kids that the wild rabbits were chicken but could never diguise the 'Bambi' meat as they always knew when they saw the hooves.

One of my familys favourite meals is still stuffed lambs hearts, although these days they arent keen on liver. We never went hungry.

Its amazing what you can do when you have to eh?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:31:47 pm by Jackie »

Gary

• Joined Nov 2008
  • axminster
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 07:50:24 pm »
We started with osb they are easy to handle which was probably a good thing as its made me stick to it( pig keeping that is ) I moved  away form osb and went for gos as i felt the osbs were putting on to much fat  and they did .!!!!! Gos much better.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS