Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SPREADING FERTILISER  (Read 1567 times)

Lambest

• Joined Mar 2015
SPREADING FERTILISER
« on: March 22, 2015, 07:00:15 pm »
Dear all,

I need to spread nitrogen on a small paddock (2 acres) . . . can anyone tell me whats the best method to use to get an even spread? I've looked online for spreaders, and they all seem to be domestic . .and not very strong . . any suggestions? and any rules of thumb for the quantity I should use?

Many thanks

moomaa

• Joined Feb 2015
    • VARI Machines
Re: SPREADING FERTILISER
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:20:26 pm »
If it's just 2 acres then I would recommend a domestic spreader. You will probably use it once or twice each year and it may take a little longer than a tractor spreader, but it will cost a lot less and is fine for that area. They have about an 8ft spread.
The brand i sell in our shop are 'The Handy' and they make a push version or a towed version. the hopper capacity is small and you will have to fill up but with careful planning the job should take a couple of hours Price is less than 100 pounds either the ths80 or thst80. They are light duty but if you use them carefully they will last for years

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS