Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mating question  (Read 4454 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Mating question
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 11:10:08 pm »
I did wonder about scanning but not much likelihood of the sheep scanners being round my way - I live in a town.

I'm not sure about my other goats. The two youngsters bleated for a short while and I thought they were in season. Cloud is very quiet and the only way I know with her is that she spends a lot of time looking through the fence and wagging her tail. TBH I haven't watched her for signs. I suppose if three of them came into season and the fourth didn't, it does look hopeful.

Maybe I should measure Pom's girth and check at intervals to see if it's growing. I don't want to give her extra food in the last six weeks if she doesn't need it but need to if she is pregnant.

I certainly wouldn't plan a holiday away around the possible due date... :-\

If she is, the kid/s due date is the weekend of our wedding anniversary when we try to go away for a couple of days or, at the very least, have a whole day out. I wonder at what point I should break it to my OH that we will be spending it at home this year.  :thinking:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS