Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from North Wales  (Read 2745 times)

Rosy_apple

• Joined Feb 2015
Hello from North Wales
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:22:58 pm »
Hi everyone,

We are the proud owners of a smallholding on the Llyn Peninsula, North Wales.

We have been here for about 8 years. During which time, we have managed to acquire a herd of alpacas, miniature donkeys, chickens, geese, guinea fowl and an orchard with 170 different varieties of apple.
Consequently, we have made cider and apple juice, for personal consumption at the moment. The apple juice has been quite successful, we have yet to taste the cider/vinegar!

This looks like  an amazing place to share experiences and ask questions. So here goes the first one...............
 I have seen a few posts on here from folk who are interested in a smallholding holiday exchange. If there is anyone willing to discuss the possibility for a change of scenery, please do get in touch.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
Re: Hello from North Wales
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 05:45:07 pm »
Hello Rosy. Hope you find someone to swap with
Is it time to retire yet?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:25:46 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:14:49 pm »
And  :wave: from Devon.

ladyK

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Conwy Valley
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 09:26:14 pm »
hello from the Conwy Valley!  :wave:
"If one way is better than another, it is the way of nature." (Aristotle)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 12:04:43 pm »
Hi from Caithness  :wave:

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 02:55:51 pm »
Hi from Bala :wave: ! Suspect we might be a bit close for a swap :innocent:  but I can assure everyone that the Lleyn peninsula is AMAZING, especially the quiet North coast.  Did you know there is a Rosie's Cider place in Llandegla ? You might have to branch out name wise if you go commercial!  Call for a cuppa if you are ever near - always good to meet others in area. Your orchard sounds fabulous

Rosy_apple

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 10:10:30 am »
Thank you for the welcome. It takes a while to get round this site and I do so get sidetracked and end up miles from where I started!
FiB - you would be welcome to 'pop' in for a cuppa and a chat. Same goes for anyone near or visiting.
 :thumbsup:

K2

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 12:54:03 pm »
Hello Rosy-apple from Anglezarke.  I'd love to know more abot your cider/vinegar when you have a mo.

Rosy_apple

• Joined Feb 2015
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 08:17:50 pm »
Hi K2,

We are complete novices with both cider and juice. The cider has yet to be tasted so hence it may be vinegar. we have done mostly single variety. With a hotchpotch at the end with the leftovers. We did our homework with the varieties we had but theory is different to practice. We kept it single to see who comes out best. We aim to blend this year as we were advised this is best way.
Tom Putt won the apple juice award. Although it was a close run contest.
We pressed the apples ourselves and they are now in the demi-johns waiting for second ferment.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS