Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: kill it cook it eat it  (Read 5266 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: kill it cook it eat it
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:12 am »
am sort of a smallholder (probably a pathetic one in most people's eyes),

Only in the eyes of those who only watch and dont do.  Smallholding on any level is a huge commitment and hard work.

chickenfeed

Re: kill it cook it eat it
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 07:35:33 am »
 :pig:its never easy to come to terms with killing a healthy animal but i always tell people buying our pork we kill rare breeds to save them dying out and loosing more native breeds if we don't eat them there is no point in breeding them so they are left to become extinct over the years we have lost many native breeds because of the introduction of commercial breeds not only in pigs but accross the livestock.

we started our meat pigs with british lops as they are on the endangered list and wanted to do our little bit to help their survival.

i think this kill it cook it eat it was not as good as the first series but still interesting, we have always been brought up knowing where our food comes from as has my children and now grandchildren but there are many people that have no idea so anything that highlights the difference between good food and bad food has to be a good thing.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS