Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Freeze set to break next week  (Read 1997 times)

bamford6

Freeze set to break next week
« on: January 09, 2010, 10:29:06 am »
Freeze set to break next week [Update 08/01]
The very cold weather will continue across the UK through the weekend, but there are now indications that will begin to turn less cold during the second half of next week. The early part of next week may well bring further heavy snowfall, but after that risk should begin to reduce. Brian Gaze of TheWeatherOutlook said, "Bitterly cold conditions are likely to persist for some time yet, but during the second half of next week there are signs that less cold air from the west will reach the UK. Temperatures may rise several degrees above freezing, and rain and sleet may be more likely than snow over lower ground in the south later in the week." 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Freeze set to break next week
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:33:43 pm »
God I hope he's right - I'm pig sick of it now!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:43:32 pm »
i hope so too. were skint.need to get out to work.  ::)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:56 pm »
My pigs are loving it, the electric fence is now buried under the snow so when I went out this morning was met by Elvis who was not keen to

wait for his breakfast. My daughter was not too happy as he is inclined to bite at strange wellies. It's just as well we have good perimiter fences

and gates. Must admit I am getting fed up with it myself  it is so hard to walk through and carrying water buckets for 4 horses 2 pigs, 30 hens

18 ducks and 15 sheep is no joke.
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS