Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: do you like Come dine with me??  (Read 3396 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
do you like Come dine with me??
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:29:42 pm »
Every now and then I have a look as one of my daughters loves watching it. I must say that almost always I am disgusted about the way the contestants are slagging each other off and about how nasty they all are about each other's cooking and lifestyles! Just the current culture I suppose but it's so sad... :&>

sandy

Re: do you like Come dine with me??
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:45:33 pm »
I have a friend who dose "come dine with me" with a group of friends, sound fun to me but I cannot be bothered with fussing around, what I cannot prepare quickly, I cannot be bothered with ;D I like it and often think the price of the meals they produce must be astronomical!!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 05:53:52 pm »
I watch it from time to time, love all the bitching and moaning - I always thought that was the point of reality TV  ???
I could be wrong but think each contestant is given £125 towards the cost of producing the meal and wine etc - it's a huge amount of money for one meal. I could feed my family of 5 for a week on that ! :yum:
Hubby's brother was approached to appear on it last year, but since his idea of fine dining is fish and chips he decided to give it a miss  ;) ;D ;D ;D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 05:55:57 pm »
I have read that the contestants do get quite a bit of money to cover the costs. I love the programme but do not like all the "re caps" and the showings of what happens next. They did an episode with a chap from St Andrews, they all got so drunk they had to come back and re shoot his dinner party!

sandy

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 07:03:56 pm »
 ;D I heard the same about an episode of Beachgrove Garden!!! would be funny to film ;D ;D I also hate the bits they now add to loads of programmes, an hours show has more what's to come than what's happening, a cheap way to fill an hour with half an hours TV!!!! I did loads of filmaking as a Youth Worker and a 10 min bit took ages, weeks to shoot, getting the lighting wright and all the retakes, not much fun...my job was to  entertain Young people while they waited for the next shoot.....must be film of me about somewhere.....never did get to see them!!! Bring back plain old fiming without flashbacks and flash forwards and zoomz around up and down!!!! ::) ::) P.S life flashing back and forward though, eg, I know if I eat to much the flash forward will be too tight pants!!

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 09:43:30 am »
well said sandy. It's the old sales patter, tell them what you are gonna tell them, tell them it, then tell them what you have jsut told them.

Seems folk don't have much of an attention span these days, so they have to tell you constantly otherwise you'll not see it!!

It annoys me though, I'm quite happy to sit and invest some time watching a tv show, but if it's just going to constantly repeat itself, then i stop watching and drift away - and then I'm able to keep up with whats happening because they tell you everything 3/4 times.

It's a good show, the future Mrs SB and her pals plan to have a "come dine with me" event.

The problem I have with reality TV is it's not controversial enough. I think programs like Big Brother could be much more manioulative to show the "arsehole" element of the wannabes that sign up for it!

I'd change the BB rules to have a 1 hour news program each day. 50% of the news could be true and 50% could be made up. Then I'd make them have debates on issues raised in the days news. The news would also have stories on the people in the house - again, true or made up, and i'm sure we could gradually push a few of them over the edge into insanity.

At the end of it they'd all emerge as racist, bigotted, sexist, idiotic, sexually deviant figures of fun!! I'm hoping their ego would be so crushed they'd never want to venture into the pages of chat or hello or braindeadmorons weekly

there, rant for the day over!!

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:11:37 am »
I like the commentary best. what a cheeky bloke he is. but ,if you put your head in the firing line , don't be surprised if people take pot shots at it. they were looking for contestants near me recently, i think I'd rather volunteer for root canal work. Imagine all those attention seeking needy folk rumaging round your house, no way . still watch it though, to see how people cope with the catering.

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:32:28 am »
I like celebrity come dine with me cos they're nicer to each other
kirsty

sandy

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 11:33:04 am »
My menu...Starters
Tomato Soup (Campbells condensed)

Main Course
Chicken Kiev's
Oven Chips
Beans

Pudding
Trifle from the Co-op

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Any one is welcome to rummage in my draws....they may find all those socks I carn't!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:02 pm »
I'm warming to it a bit - the commentaries are really funny. Nothing so far I would want to cook though  ;D
If any of you (Sandy, Chris??) makes it onto tele, let me know, I'll be watching, hoping you'll have nice guests who only say good things about you and your food! Other than that I'm with Carl  ;) :&>

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 11:00:40 pm »
i've no desire to make it onto telly, i'll be happy being rich and running the world from my hollowed out volcano!!!

let others set themselves up for public slaughter!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 06:03:24 pm »
I actually enjoyed watching last night's Aberdonian feasts. Just nice people, only Bob a little deluded but harmless. Nice Scottish food (but why did he have to cook the strawberries in Pimms???).
Today's has put me off again, what a b****, can't they disqualify the really nasty people and cheats???
:&>

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 06:51:53 pm »
what a WAGON that isabel wench is

I hope she gets slaughtered by her friends, family and work colleagues

Imagine selling out your soul for £1000 on national television - and then not even winning it.

truth be told, if she had marked them all fairly she would have been last into the deal as well - utterly dispicable person.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:57:54 pm by sellickbhoy »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS