Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SPS / BPS  (Read 1709 times)

Sarah Smyth

• Joined Oct 2014
SPS / BPS
« on: November 04, 2014, 08:00:07 pm »
Hi - as a newcomer to smallholdings I've been reading various threads re: SPS subsidies and stewardships. From what i've read it is clear there are ongoing obligations regarding stewardship schemes whereas the SPS/BPS seems to cone without any future obligations. Is my interpretation correct? Are there any downsides associated with SPS/BPS i'm missing apart from some basic husbandry and paperwork?

Thanks! Sarah

Stereo

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: SPS / BPS
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 08:05:11 pm »
Not sure what you are asking. SPS is finished now although the entitlements will hand over to then new system BPS. So, if you owned entitlements and were claiming SPS this should transfer to BPS payments in 2015. There is a higher land requirement for BPS though, I think 5 hectares? Not sure on that one. I know a lot of smalholders will lose payments under the new system.  I think that BPS comes with a greening element built in so you will be expected to fulfill some environmental obligations to claim it.

I'm as confused about it as anyone but there is some info here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/common-agricultural-policy-reform

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: SPS / BPS
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 07:05:01 am »
Minimum 5 ha  of actual farmed land... not woodland or buildings... so a lot of smallholders will lose out. 

I think you are asking if there are less obligations with BPS .... well I guess you can opt out any year without ongoing obligations but there is a long list of obligations to actually obtain it .... I'm still trying to get my head round some of those.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS