Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Quad Purchase and Documents  (Read 1195 times)


  • Joined Sep 2012
Quad Purchase and Documents
« on: October 13, 2014, 11:28:48 am »

I'm thinking of buying a second hand quad to pull a small trailer around the yard and generally help move stuff about with.  It will remain on the property and won't need to be taken onto any public road.  Just wondering what sort of documentation should I make sure comes with the quad, especially if I need to sell it on in a year or so.



  • Joined Sep 2014
Re: Quad Purchase and Documents
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 11:40:05 am »
Really depends on what you buy. If it's already registered there will be a V5. If it's over three years old it will have an mot if it's been used on the road.

If its been used as an agricultural vehicle then it may be registered as such.

Main thing to have, from a legal point of view when selling, is proof of purchase/ownership.

Take a look at the GOV.UK site if you want to know more.


Anyone know where i can purchase a good quality scythe??

Started by peartreewoodlandsmallholding

Replies: 8
Views: 6044
Last post July 19, 2012, 11:34:41 am
by Rosemary
Compact Tractor Purchase Advice please

Started by bluewatersailor06

Replies: 6
Views: 388
Last post June 18, 2020, 03:17:50 pm
by bluewatersailor06

Started by Hamish Crofter

Replies: 11
Views: 4648
Last post December 16, 2014, 02:52:07 pm
by bazzais
Anyone got a Can-Am quad?

Started by CarolineJ

Replies: 6
Views: 1959
Last post May 16, 2016, 10:10:58 am
by Buttermilk
Which quad..

Started by Stu

Replies: 9
Views: 1692
Last post October 28, 2018, 04:16:26 pm
by alang

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS