Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Questionnaire  (Read 1124 times)

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
Questionnaire
« on: October 02, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »

I received this today - may like to fill it in

My name is Chloe Graham and I am a veterinary student at the Royal Veterinary College, London.  As part of my final year research project, I am undertaking a questionnaire based research study about the Schmallenberg virus.

Schmallenberg virus had a lot of attention in the media last year, however little has been heard about it since.

My family and I own a small flock of Poll Dorset sheep in Somerset. We were fortunate enough to escape the virus, but many herds and flocks were affected by the disease. Therefore, I have decided to investigate the Schmallenberg virus to see if it still has to be considered a relevant threat to the livestock community, and also the success / uptake of available preventative options. My study results will hopefully provide an indication if further research into Schmallenberg is necessary / required / justified. 

I am keen to know if many goats were affected by the disease and would very much appreciate if you could forward the link below out to your members of the British Boer Goat Society. It is on surveymonkey and should only take 5 minutes to complete.  Anyone can complete the questionnaire, it does not matter if they have experienced Schmallenberg or not.  Any information provided will remain confidential, and only anonymised information will be shared with the Royal Veterinary College in the final report.  There is the option at the end of the questionnaire for respondents to leave their email address so I can send them the final report.

As a little incentive, there is a free prize draw for a £20.00 love2shop gift voucher - accepted at over 20,000 high street stores.

Below is the link to the Schmallenberg Virus Livestock Owner Questionnaire

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8X3TTZ7

If you have any questions, please do contact me, either by email or phone, 07964 085344.  I look forward to hearing from you and am grateful for your time. 

Kind regards,

Chloe Graham

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 09:53:25 pm »
Filled in  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Questionnaire
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 11:51:41 pm »
Done it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS