Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pots  (Read 10761 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Pots
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:41:57 pm »
I'm about to send the OH off to Stratford east london to buy some big pots and pans (there's a great eastern community there and their cooking shops are fantastic). So the question is How Big?   Last time I looked,there were 2ft diameter by 2ft tall with handles for about 20 quid. We have all the usual stainless steel,copper bottomed household stuff,just wondered if you guys and gals wished you had a bigger pot,and how big it would be. Oh! and what do you use it for? (I'm thinking a pigs head,to boil,is quite large)
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Pots
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:48 pm »
i have a big pot lol
well there is 3 all together
we use 2 of them mainly for  pasta/soup

one is for my plans to make jam/perseves/wine etc

Inhereitend them from my grandparents

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 10:08:34 am »
The biggest pan that I own is my jam making pan, which I bought a couple of years ago from lakeland, it was around £30 (i think) and its great...

I'd love some big pots tho' only problem sor me would be the storage of them.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:50:50 am »
Mr Ree

You ought to take a trip out to the Vite greniers (spelling?) on Sundays. You can buy a little yellow book from most bars in the towns round and about, and they give all the dates. 

We have bought some fab pots and steamers for very little money. You can pick up jam pots for a couple of euros a box when the jam season gets underway.  The French always start high priced but they do like to barter.

In addition, you will probably find a selection of most of the things you need for your animals etc, certainly at the bigger ones. The Grande Celland has a huge one during the summer and from memory there were a few larger ones around last year.

Kate  :pig:

Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

tankgirl

• Joined Mar 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:28:52 pm »
well the pans i use the most are:
a large pan for the potatoes, after peeling and chopping it takes the right amount for sunday roasties or enough to make the mash topping for shepherds pie,
the next size down pan for pasta and rice,
a pan for jam/marmalade which i found in a charity shop,
a red wok (sort of a pan :) ) again i found in a charity shop and is so handy for stir fries, browning and pancake making and replaces the one i left behind when i moved,
OHs omlette pan,
a big stew pot which was marked half price and i also had a voucher for £5 so price £20, its great for stews and soups,
and i have a 2 tier steamer which is great for the veg.
and the pans favoured by the teens - the baked bean pan (the contents of one tin fits in it) and the noddle pan (just right for instant noddles) also good for scrambled eggs! and not forgetting my favourite is a little green enamel pan which i heat my tomato soup in,
space is tight so they're either stacked inside one another in the pan cupboard (abit obvious :)) or on top of the cupboards which i can just reach (having teens taller than me is a bonus when it comes to getting that pan down without hitting myself on the head...ouch  :o)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS