Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: slow poisoning, maybe not just in America?  (Read 4412 times)

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
slow poisoning, maybe not just in America?
« on: October 17, 2009, 04:17:19 pm »
MSG hides behind 25 or more names, such as Natural Flavouring.' MSG is even in your favourite coffee from Tim Horton's and Starbucks coffee shops! I wondered if there could be an actual chemical causing the massive obesity epidemic, and so did John Erb, a friend of mine, who was a research assistant at the University of Waterloo in Ontario , Canada, and spent years working for the government.  He made an amazing discovery while going through scientific journals for a book he was writing, The Slow Poisoning  of America.

In hundreds of studies around the world, scientists were creating obese mice and rats to use in diet or diabetes test studies. No strain of rat or mice is naturally obese, so scientists have to create them.  They make these creatures morbidly obese by injecting them with MSG when they are first born.

The MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates, causing rats (and perhaps humans) to become obese.  They even have a name for the fat rodents they create:  'MSG-Treated Rats.'

I was shocked and checked my cupboards and refrigerator.  MSG was in everything -- in Campbell 's soups, Hostess Doritos, Lays flavoured potato chips, Top Ramen, Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper,  Heinz canned gravy, Swanson frozen prepared meals, and Kraft salad dressings, especially the 'healthy low-fat' ones.

The items that didn't have MSG marked on the product label had something called  'Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein,' which is just another name for Monosodium Glutamate, MSG.

It  was shocking to see just how many of the foods we feed our children everyday are filled with this  stuff.  MSG is hidden under many different names in order to fool those who read the ingredient list, so that they don't catch on.  (Other names for MSG are 'Accent,  'Natural Meat Tenderizer,'  etc.)

But it didn't stop  there. When our family went out to eat, we started asking at the restaurants what menu items contained MSG.  Many employees, even the managers,  swore they didn't use MSG.
But when we ask for  the ingredient list, which they grudgingly provided sure enough,  MSG and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein were everywhere.

Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, every restaurant -- even the sit-down eateries like TGIF, Chili's, Applebee's, and Denny's -- use  MSG in abundance.  Kentucky Fried Chicken seemed to be the WORST offender :  MSG was in every chicken dish, salad dressing and gravy.  No wonder I loved to eat that coating on the skin -- their secret spice was MSG!

So why is MSG in so many of the foods we eat?  Is it a preservative, or a vitamin?

Not according to my John Erb.  In his book The Slow Poisoning of America, he said that MSG is added to food for the 'effect' it has on the human  body.

Even the propaganda website sponsored by the food manufacturers lobby group supporting  MSG explains that the reason they add it to food is to make people eat more.

A study of the elderly showed that older people eat more of the foods that it is added to.  The Glutamate Association lobbying group says eating more is a benefit to the elderly, but what does it do to the rest of us?

'Betcha can't eat [just] one,' takes on a whole new meaning where MSG is concerned!  And we wonder why the nation is overweight!

MSG manufacturers themselves admit that it addicts people to their products.  It makes people choose their product over others, and makes people eat more of it than they would if MSG wasn't added.

Not only is MSG scientifically proven to cause obesity, it is an addictive substance.

Since its introduction into the American food supply fifty years ago, MSG has been added in larger and larger doses to the pre-packaged meals, soups, snacks, and fast foods we are tempted to eat everyday.

The FDA has set no limits on how much of it can be added to food. They claim it's safe to eat in any amount.  But how can they claim it's safe when there are hundreds of scientific studies with titles like these:

'The monosodium  glutamate (MSG) obese rat as a model for the study of exercise in  obesity.'  Gobatto CA, Mello MA, Souza CT , Ribeiro IA.   Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol.  2002.

'Adrenalectomy  abolishes the food-induced hypothalamic serotonin release in both normal and monosodium glutamate-obese  rats.'  Guimaraes RB, Telles MM, Coelho VB, Mori C, Nascimento CM, Ribeiro.  Brain Res Bull. 2002 Aug.

'Obesity induced by neonatal monosodium glutamate treatment in spontaneously hypertensive rats:  An animal model of multiple risk  factors.' Iwase M, Yamamoto  M, Iino K, Ichikawa K, Shinohara N, Yoshinari Fujishima. Hypertens  Res. 1998  Mar.

'Hypothalamic lesion induced by injection of monosodium glutamate in suckling period and sub-  sequent development of obesity.'  Tanaka K, Shimada M, Nakao K Kusunoki. Exp Neurol. Oct 1978.

(Hypothalamic dysfunction is a problem with the region of the brain called the hypothalamus, which helps control the pituitary gland and regulate many body functions, particularly in response to stress. The pituitary, in turn, controls the: Adrenal glands,  Overies, Testes Thyroid gland)

No, the date of that last study was not a typo...it was published in1978.  Both the 'medical research community' and 'food  manufacturers' have known about the side effects of MSG for decades.

Many more of the studies mentioned in John Erb's book link MSG to diabetes, migraines and headaches, autism, ADHD, and even Alzheimer's.

So what can we do to stop the food manufactures from dumping this fattening and addictive MSG into our food supply and additing to the obesity epidemic we now see?

Several months ago, John Erb took his book and his concerns to one of the highest government health officials in Canada  While there the official told him, 'Sure, I know how bad MSG is.  I wouldn't touch the stuff.' But this top-level government official refuses to tell the public what he  knows.

The 'big media' doesn't want to tell the public either, fearing issues with their advertisers.  It seems that the fallout on the fast food industry may hurt their profit margin.  The food producers and restaurants have been addicting us to their products for years, and now we are paying the price for it.  Our children should not be cursed with obesity caused by an addictive food additive.

This message is going  out to everyone I know in an attempt to tell you the truth  that the corporate-owned politicians and media won't tell  you.

The best way you can help to save yourself and your children from this drug-induced epidemic is to forward this article to everyone.  With any luck, it will circle the globe before politicians can pass  legislation protecting those who are poisoning us.

The food industry learned a lot from the tobacco industry. Imagine if big tobacco had a bill like this in place before someone blew the whistle on nicotine?

If you are one of the few who can still believe that MSG is good for us and you don't  believe what John Erb has to say, see for  yourself.  Go to National Library of  Medicine at www.pubmed.com. Type in the words 'MSG Obese' and read a few of the 115 medical studies that appear.

We, the public, do not want to be rats in one giant experiment, and we do not approve of food that makes us into a nation of obese, lethargic, addicted sheep, feeding the food industry's bottom line while waiting for the heart transplant, the diabetic-induced amputation, blindness, or other obesity-induced, life-threatening disorders.

Send this message out by word of mouth, e-mail, or by distribution of this printout to your friends all over the world and stop this 'Slow Poisoning of Mankind' by the packaged food industry.

1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: slow poisoning, maybe not just in America?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 05:11:43 pm »
http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

http://www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm

http://www.msgtruth.org/aspartam.htm

http://sureynot.com/v/442/sweet-misery-a-poisoned-world-(aspertame-&-msg).html

yep the list goes on ... MSG , Aspertame are just two . If they can't kill us one way they WILL kill us another ....and some people think I am mad wanting to grow all my own food  !!!!!

cheers

Russ
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:52:33 pm by RUSTYME »

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 08:47:38 pm »
We definitely try to avoid Aspartame in this house and MSG makes my heart race!  Isn't Aspartame banned in loads of countries?

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 08:51:35 pm »
OH MY GOD ! ! !
I read with intrest Cameldairy, my OH Bruce suffers from gout (and has done since his 20's) and MSG is one thing that does tend to cause an acute attack. Trying to avoid it is almost impossible, I knew it was very widespread in it's use but always assumed it was a preservative/flavour enhancer type thing. Never for one minute did it even cross my mind that it was designed to make you eat more  >:( (although it would explain the size of my bum ;))
Why is this not public knowledge ? How do they get away with this ? The UK government could save a small fortune on their "Healthy Lifestyle" programmes, free up NHS funds and have a healthier population if only they banned it - it makes you wonder why on earth they haven't  ???  I've said for a while that I thought we were being fed substances to make us more easily managed, complient, lazy and apathetic (Bruce thought I was going into conspiracy theory overdrive) but this looks like proof enough for me  :o

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 09:10:09 pm »
hello  Karen ,
           healthy people don't make millions, no billions of £/$ for the big companies, that pay/bribe control our MP's , (thats the corrupt, lying , crooks that run our country and the same in the USA only on a much bigger scale),  to allow this to continue .

The sad thing is that no matter how many times you put information like this in front of people they just don't want to know ...and thats how they get away with ... apathy....or should that be mind control ... they have brain washed all of us from day 1 .

The odd one here and there try to make a difference , and fight back , but the majority of the people just ignore , refuse to see what is in front of them .

The video ' Sweet Misery ' is an eye opener, but most will still not see what is going on .....

The number of responses to this topic just goes to prove what I say . It should be popping responses by the dozen ......count how many so far .... :o

cheers

Russ

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 10:34:16 pm »
bl**dy hell i didnt know that MSG makes you eat more!!!!

its in everything :-[

and i certainly didnt know they fed it to rats to make em fat, yet more label reading >:(

sandy

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 10:53:34 pm »
It all makes sense!!! If I have a McDOnalds I want more and more and more...!!!!!I am sure it IS addictive!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 11:33:48 pm »
Is it in bread?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 12:09:56 am »
probably in most bread yes. They hide it under the name under other things that have it as part of their makeup , and therefore don't need to mention MSG itself.
 The only way to avoid it completely in bread, is to make your own , with known, basic ingredients , or find a specific bread that guarantees not to use it .... ::)

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 12:12:35 am »
I think I have just found out why I am fat
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 12:19:13 am »
it really is in just about everything Annie. I like dry roasted peanuts ...it is even in them ...? I also like frazzles ....they are almost totally MSG ....lol... so no more frazzles ...or DRP's...
 I do still buy sliced bread , as I prefer that for making toast in the morning . But I will ween myself off of that too . I make most of my own bread though , with just basic ingredients that haven't got anything added ...hopefully  ?.....

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 09:55:41 am »
The swines are making me fat!!!!  I should sue some one but maybe first stop eating so much :pig: :pig: P.S are you well proportioned or lardy like me?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS